How many hours a day do you hunt?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually around 10 hrs, including the hike in/out. Sometimes a couple more or a couple less. Im a bit of a frother! 5 days of that and Im stuffed though. Problem is you get out of there and nothing is open in a small town, and your getting to sleep too late.
I bumped into a couple of old veterans- been doing it for 30 years, 4 months a year, full time and quite profitability if you believe them. Anyway, their advice was You need to treat it like a trade. 7- 3:30, 6 days a week. I can see the merit in that now!

I have to say that with worsening knees and hips that I enjoy (and can last) about 2 hours in the morning then back to camp for lunch and a snooze and then 2-3 hours in the arvo until dusk. Particularly in summer when the days are longer.
Its then time for a cold beer and a BBQ and to sit there and ponder how lucky we are to live in Australia.

GT :)

Have not been detecting for a month - but when I do its usually 6 hours with the ctx or longer when conditions are right , and I will detect with a ctx and equinox . Longest detect has been 12 ish hours. Longest detect with the gpx has been for about 8 hours on consecutive days :Y:

Grrinding ..... to a halt
:cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy:
:fire:
:skull:
:trophy:

If I'm out with the nox on the coins sometimes I wont have long, anywhere from 45 mins to a coupple of hours.

But if I get on the goldfeilds with the zed I'll put in 8 to 10 hour days, then if I get really excited a few hours after tea in the dark with the Cap lamp. But there pretty slow and steady days

Latest posts