Honda WX15 pump with electric motor?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! too wet outside today, thought I would ask a question!!

Has anyone used a small electric motor (from a scooter) to run the turbine from the wx15? geared correctly running a small alternator for charge?

OR

Has anyone run a few mufflers on a 4 stroke wx15 to quieten it down?

Does anyone know of a good website for Honda pump spare parts?

Thanks heaps in advance!!!

josh

josh said:
Hey everyone! too wet outside today, thought I would ask a question!!

Has anyone used a small electric motor (from a scooter) to run the turbine from the wx15? geared correctly running a small alternator for charge?

OR

Has anyone run a few mufflers on a 4 stroke wx15 to quieten it down?

Does anyone know of a good website for Honda pump spare parts?

Thanks heaps in advance!!!

josh

what do you mean by a small alternator ??

what for ?

mufflers can be added to anything but those little honda engines are very refined on their cylinder head design dynamics , if you stuff around with exhaust backpressure you might shorten its life or take some horsepower off it .

can be done , i would go a straight through muffler in a 1 1/2 " or 2 inch but cant guarantee how much it will help

Wal thinks they are fairly quiet as they come ?

They are not very noisy, especially when you run them 30m away from the hi-banker. Had a mate in my old dredging days, who floated a small 2 stroke in a car tire tube cradle. It had a modified exhaust which ran out of the motor strait into the water, similar to an outboard motor. Could hardly hear the motor 20 feet away.

Cheers Wal,

the alternator would charge the battery to allow for a few more hours running time for the electric motor. It would run off a pulley in-between the motor and pump input shaft.

Swapping the 4 stroke for a small electric motor would also reduce the weight down. my two batteries weigh .9kg each.

edit, thanks for the reply wal, love your vid of hibanking the sapphires. I built a vibrating sieve to separate my spinel from the gravels.

I think you will burn more power running an alternator/generator due to the extra resistance and workload than what you would create.
Mind you if you manage to make it work you will be the creator of the first perpetual energy machine.

Dogmatic said:
I think you will burn more power running an alternator/generator due to the extra resistance and workload than what you would create.
Mind you if you manage to make it work you will be the creator of the first perpetual energy machine.

as per Dogmatic's post

no can do

no worky that way.

If you cant make any noise in your location , then use a 12 volt battery to run a bilge pump and take solar panels and charge controller with you , take a duplicate battery and swap them over so you can work while one is charging

you need to check the charge times for your size of battery versus the output of the solar panels you use . it might be slower than you expect

Latest posts