Honda Generator Problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont go into it but high negative pressures on deceleration happen in the inlet manifold below the throttle butterfly unless its a diesel, are you saying that a honda generator goes through severe deceleration, if it does i would like to know when ,putting oil in a cylinder is the standard test for compression ring failure as it temporally seals the ring
The bottom oil ring is a scraper if fitted and yes a small film does exist on the wall thats why a cross hatch hone is used when finishing a cylinder wall
As for a high performance motor, any motor that uses a small piece of steel to flick oil around inside a motor i would not call high performance engine
some small engines have oil pumps now, and im yet to see a knock sensor on a small honda generator so as you probably know fuel burns at a fixed rate at its stoichiometric rate a lean mixtures burns slower and so does a too rich mixture
Unless a knock sensor is used the timing of a honda is set for 91 ron fuel and if you don't believe me ask honda if they will warrant your engine if you use 98 ron fuel
Honda has a float switch which grounds the primary wire to the coil so the engine will not start if the oil level is too low

And just to let you know i finished my mechanic apprenticeship in 1978 and have been working in the industry ever since

Used to use a common kitchen product to bed rings in a diesal engine.
Rather entertaining staring down the throat of a V71 Detroit blower running. LOL
Did it to a few Holden Red motors that had issues.
Got a few funny looks untill it was proven that it works.

the duck said:
I wont go into it but high negative pressures on deceleration happen in the inlet manifold below the throttle butterfly unless its a diesel, are you saying that a honda generator goes through severe deceleration, if it does i would like to know when ,putting oil in a cylinder is the standard test for compression ring failure as it temporally seals the ring
The bottom oil ring is a scraper if fitted and yes a small film does exist on the wall thats why a cross hatch hone is used when finishing a cylinder wall
As for a high performance motor, any motor that uses a small piece of steel to flick oil around inside a motor i would not call high performance engine
some small engines have oil pumps now, and im yet to see a knock sensor on a small honda generator so as you probably know fuel burns at a fixed rate at its stoichiometric rate a lean mixtures burns slower and so does a too rich mixture
Unless a knock sensor is used the timing of a honda is set for 91 ron fuel and if you don't believe me ask honda if they will warrant your engine if you use 98 ron fuel
Honda has a float switch which grounds the primary wire to the coil so the engine will not start if the oil level is too low

And just to let you know i finished my mechanic apprenticeship in 1978 and have been working in the industry ever since

Pretty much the same Duck, in fact I might even have a few years on you :) ................................. funny thing about what you read on the net is if you only read the first few lines, the context of the text in it's entirety is often lost. :D :D :D
Have had a Honda 2Kva for over ten years now and has never missed a beat ............. touch wood :eek:

Update Gentleman , Just picked up my generator from the Honda Dealer in Gympie , no charge Honda Australia covered all costs . Got it home and first pull , just like a Honda should be , ran for 30 minutes on load without a hitch . Obviously there are Honda dealers and the rest . This day and age you can't treat your customers like fools , honest answers are all we want even if they show us up sometimes .

Nailfinder said:
Update Gentleman , Just picked up my generator from the Honda Dealer in Gympie , no charge Honda Australia covered all costs . Got it home and first pull , just like a Honda should be , ran for 30 minutes on load without a hitch . Obviously there are Honda dealers and the rest . This day and age you can't treat your customers like fools , honest answers are all we want even if they show us up sometimes .

Hi Nailfinder,
Maybe I missed it, but what was the problem?

condor22 said:
Nailfinder has several posts re the problem, what he did and the eventual fix........

Well its got me beat????
What was the eventual fix??

The dealer will not elaborate more than blocked carby , which is a complete load . I'll take the side plate off and see if I can see any signs , I'll check all the screws to see if any others have been taken out also . If I find something I'll let you all know . But of a mystery really ??

Greater mystery than the Mary Celeste?
Can't understand why a straight answer isn't available?
Honda tell you it was a blocked carby yet you say that is a "complete load"?
Why?
If you know the right answer why don't you come out and say?

There was nothing wrong with it, they just tickled it in the right spot then made some BS up as an excuse to charge for it, a can of start ya bastard isn't free :lol: :lol:

B5MECH , you have hit the nail on the head . I think some plug / connection wasn't right and they plugged in and away she went . Got to make up a story now to charge the minimum hour and hey presto a blocked carby ! Last dollar I will ever spend in that place

Nailfinder said:
B5MECH , you have hit the nail on the head . I think some plug / connection wasn't right and they plugged in and away she went . Got to make up a story now to charge the minimum hour and hey presto a blocked carby ! Last dollar I will ever spend in that place

They charged you a 'minimum hour' for a warranty repair on a new machine??? (You did say you pulled it out of the box??)

We had a honda genny on a bore boss that started twice then no go .Tried everthing we could think off to no avail Got a expert from 450 k away and he got it running in 10 mins.he used start u basdard and told us if we have the same prob turn off the fuel and wait 30 mins ( motor flooded ) then crank it over to till it fires. Turn fuel back on and start .

Some shops are dodgey bastards, I took my mower to mowerpower shop in noble park right on the railway line, I told him it wasn't running well,he did a service sharpened the blades etc, then handed me a whopper bill, saying it needed a new carb. Anyway I just paid it, got it home and thought about it a bit more, so I took the cover off and the carb looked old as hell with dry grass all around it. I rang the turd and he said, oh well you got a second hand one put in, what's the problem it runs fine doesn't it? I hope he goes broke. In 25 years of being in small business I can proudly say I have never ripped anyone off, I always look after old grannies and go easy on someone who I think deserves it, I've even done a few jobs for free. Needless to say, I'll never be rich.

Simmo said:
Nailfinder said:

They charged you a 'minimum hour' for a warranty repair on a new machine??? (You did say you pulled it out of the box??)

Have now had two posts pulled with reference to Nailfinder reply's?
Below is an example of his behind the scenes activity and PM I received.
He is a charlatan a liar and should not be trusted.

Nailfinder
Email Message
Member Email Message
Yesterday 14:13:55

You need to get a life , everything I have posted about this generator has been the truth .

Status
Not open for further replies.