Holloways Ointment

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SC75

Steveo
Reaction score
Went for a detect around the Bullarto area on Sunday and found myself my 3rd Holloways Ointment but this one was just sitting on the surface.
I thought it was a bit strange because the day before i had taken a photo of the one displayed at the Melbourne museum.

1464599227_img_1731.jpg

Its like the 5th time ive been to the museum in the last 3 years, my kids and there love of dinosaurs.

1464599476_img_1739.jpg

If i keep this rate up i will be finding more Holloways Ointment than my gold finds. :mad: and the 3rd one i gave to a mate just because im a nice guy. :D

If you feel the urge to be nice again.... Id love to have one of those in my display :D
Awesome find
Congrats
I wonder what else would be around in that area ;)

The first 2 i found was in what must of been a dumping site because i found a lot of old german bottles, bowls and plates even a bone. There is still more in there but i just filled it back in and went on the search to find some yellow.
I was thinking of donating the one i found in Blackwood to The Blackwood & District Historical Society Museum.
When i do find another ointment jar Sandta i will send one up to you no probs or if your ever down this way i can take you to the spot where i found them.

Any day you find an interesting relic is a good day :cool:

Don't forget to pan out the contents - just in case :p

Wally there is a lot of smashed glass, not sure if i did it but maybe someone with a more gentle hand would be better of digging them all out. Its about 3/4 up on a gully side so when i dug into it i could see bottles sitting on top of each other.
There's definitely more in there just at the time all i was thinking of was finding my 1st nugget so i just filled it all back in.

SC75 said:
The first 2 i found was in what must of been a dumping site because i found a lot of old german bottles, bowls and plates even a bone. There is still more in there but i just filled it back in and went on the search to find some yellow.
I was thinking of donating the one i found in Blackwood to The Blackwood & District Historical Society Museum.
When i do find another ointment jar Sandta i will send one up to you no probs or if your ever down this way i can take you to the spot where i found them.

That would be awesome ... THANKS , please do keep me in mind
I sure wish i was closer :(

Id be happy with that. Always wanted to find one, never have. Good one mate.

Nice bottles SC75 , as a bottle collector my self i would love to find a spot like that , good stuff , i went for a creek hunt yesterday & picked up a few bottles but nothing that old this time , Gazza.

Latest posts