Holden rodeo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't speak for the Triton (my Shitsubishi experience is as quoted) but the Rodeo with Isuzu motor is worth looking into if that's where you're interest lies :Y: :beer:

I have driven a rodeo that had a tweaked injector pump and the turbo boost was lifted

(approx year 2000 model)

The modifications doubled the horsepower , you could take off from a standing start and get punched back in the seat so hard you would swear it was a nitrous kitted petrol engine.

it would smoke the tyres in first gear and they would still be squealing through second gear too

Before you ask , no I dont know who did the work.

LoneWolf said:
I had a 99 rodeo as a Company car.... Flew like a bullet, sucked Petrol like a V12.. :/

LW...

That's because you didn't pay the fuel bills :lol: I feel it must have been when you were a young whipper snapper chasing wild women burning the candle at both ends, oh the good ol days :lol:

Redfin and Smokey Bandit. Yeah hear what you say about towing weights and not arguing. I know that my Hayman Reece towing gear is stamped 3.5 tn, but that of course doesn't mean that the truck should be pulling that weight. I was just making the point that this is the type of load I regularly pull, and that the truck eats it.

And as for Holden going going gone, it is really a Holden in name only. It's an Isuzu motor and they have a reasonably good reputation. Mine has done just over 300,000 k's and for a 19 yo truck that's fairly light. So just saying, for what I do to it, it's a bloody good truck. Cheers.

Geezuz mate, be careful there, if you get hauled onto a weighbridge, huge fines and licence suspensions.

Latest posts