History of The World Game

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nanhai One is a Chinese merchant ship which sank off the south China coast during the Southern Song Dynasty between 1127 and 1279.
The shipwreck was found in 1987 by a team from Maritime Exploration & Recoveries PLC of Southampton, England, during their search for the wreck of the 18th century ship Rhynsburg.

When the wreck was first found, about 200 pieces of porcelain from the Song Dynasty were recovered, together with Song coins, about 130 kilos of silver bars, a brass kettle and a gold waist chain. These were handed to the China Salvage Company representatives, intact. At the time of the second survey, the wreck was reported to have 60,000 to 80,000 items on board.

In 2007, China began to raise the ship and its artifacts. The ship was placed in a pool-type container called the "Crystal Palace". The container is 64 meters long, 40 meters wide and 23 meters high. It contains seawater and is about 12 meters in depth. Visitors are able to watch the ongoing excavation of the ship through windows on two sides of the pool.

I have seen a doco with this ship in it but had forgotten about it until researching for this question.

The Louisiana Purchase - was the acquisition by the United States of America in 1803 of 828,000 square miles (2,140,000 km 2 ) of France's claim to the territory of Louisiana. The U.S. paid 50 million francs ($11,250,000) plus cancellation of debts worth 18 million francs ($3,750,000), for a total sum of 15 million dollars (less than 3 cents per acre) for the Louisiana territory ($236 million in 2013 dollars, less than 42 cents per acre). [1][2] The Louisiana territory encompassed all or part of 15 present U.S. states and two Canadian provinces. The land purchased contained all of present-day Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska; parts of Minnesota that were west of the Mississippi River; most of North Dakota; most of South Dakota; northeastern New Mexico; northern Texas; the portions of Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado east of the Continental Divide; Louisiana west of the Mississippi River, including the city of New Orleans; and small portions of land that would eventually become part of the Canadian provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Thanks Rod - work is good thanks - nice pic of Thomas on FB he looks good

Ok here we go

Whats my name - Whats was my original purpose - what my current "claim to fame"

Built during WWII approx 5-10 nautical miles off the UK coast

Maunsell Forts. Radio Caroline. The Principality of Sealand. Great doco on the History Channel.

A Country or not?. What is my name and where am I. Although considered an anarchist commune, there is actually a special law dealing with my existence.

Data is:

1394861517_a1flag2.jpg

Some issues that are problems with that I am facing.

1394861532_a1flag3.jpg

Bonus point Who was the last person executed here? I even have my own flag and currency.

Christiania, also known as Freetown Christiania in the Danish capital Copenhagen.
The last Danish execution site, active from 1946 to 1950, can still be seen on the Second Redan close to the building called Aircondition.[4] The wooden execution shed is gone, but the concrete foundation and a drain for the blood remain just next to the path. In total, 29 World War II criminals were executed on the site. The last was Ib Birkedal, a high-level Danish Gestapo collaborator, on 20 July 1950.

Thanks loamer
What was declared a National Historic Landmark just under 50 years ago but never exploited by its finders.

deepblue said:
Christiania, also known as Freetown Christiania in the Danish capital Copenhagen.
The last Danish execution site, active from 1946 to 1950, can still be seen on the Second Redan close to the building called Aircondition.[4] The wooden execution shed is gone, but the concrete foundation and a drain for the blood remain just next to the path. In total, 29 World War II criminals were executed on the site. The last was Ib Birkedal, a high-level Danish Gestapo collaborator, on 20 July 1950.

Another very interesting piece of human history. Not one I had heard of before. Thanks for the education lowmer.

Latest posts