hi from Gladstone. central qld.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSellin

Brent
Reaction score
Hi,

Was flicking through Google and came across this forum on my search for metal detecting. I am just tinkering with a garret ace 250 at the local beach and parks as I never see any one here doing it. Saw a lot in Gold Coast and bne when I lived down there and never thought of doing it until I relocated the family and saw it quiet here so am just starting out.

Not sure what to find and so far found coins a keychain and bottle tops, but if anyone has any tips for me I won't mind taking it in. All up I have my ACE 250, a little shovel and a sieve. Am not aiming for the providence nugget ( bigger can't link. Butt if you add the h t t p in commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gold-Gold_Providence-Nugget.jpg ), my wife wants me to get out more so I just see this as a way of getting out, maybe finding something and clean up Australia at the same time.

Thanks.

B

Welcome to the forum B. You've picked a great hobby to get out and enjoy some fresh air, with the added excitement of finding some treasure amongst the bottle caps. Hope you find the forum posts give you some added insight to how diverse this hobby can become.

Best of luck up your way and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers wal. :)

Thanks for the welcome. So far it has been a new experience;

Have found the following
- many bottle caps
- $2 coin
- 20c coin
- 2 x 50c
- 1 tent peg
- 1 key ring Buddha thing (quite awesome to look at)
- 1 ear ring
- 4 hair bobby pins
- 1 piece of wire

all over 2 casual beach runs. :)
My wife says I am nerd but the walk outside has me happy :)

Latest posts