Hi from Bunya

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I am very new to all of this. I am looking to become active in areas within a few hours drive from the North side of Brisbane. It is important to me to involve my family in this as well. I don't have a detector as yet but intend to get a good one at the end of September.

Some things are confusing me about getting organized to go and do some prospecting. The areas I have identified as being of interest have old (dead) claims on them and appear to sit on private land. Do you have to do title searches every time you want to get permission to prospect? The land is unoccupied so can't just go knock on a door. What arrangement is nor mal to make with the land owner? What do you tell them?

Other areas of interest are old leases but they sit on ground which is part of a national park. How was a lease in a national park? Is there any way to get permission to prospect these old leases?

Anyway. Really hoping to get together with some groups sometime soon once we have a detector. Sorry for the newby questions but I really hope someone can bring me up to speed.

Kind regards
Gary Turner

Hi and welcome mate a lot of what you are asking is above my paygrade so to speak
There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here but have patience they will answer when they come on line
There is lots to read on here so sit back and enjoy the wealth of knowledge
Enjoy and stay safe

Cheers 7.62.
BTW, I am also a shooting member of City of Brisbane Rifle Club. Birds of a feather eh.

:lol: yes :lol: mine was slightly different but it is a good sport to do
What sort of detector are you looking at

7.62. I am hoping my wife will let me buy a GPZ 7000. It's a big investment, so I will need to convince her that it is worthwhile first.

Silver: Cheers. I'll have a read through.

From what i have read on here it will be well worth it
Have a read of the links silver put up
Some one will do some more as the days go on
I am on the tablet so i find it hard to do links ]:D

They're probly not much help, but all I could find quickly in a pinch from on the forum.

G'day Gary,

See you found it here ok ;)

Lots of good info and knowledgeable members here, so get stuck in mate!!

E.T. said:
7.62. I am hoping my wife will let me buy a GPZ 7000. It's a big investment, so I will need to convince her that it is worthwhile first.

Silver: Cheers. I'll have a read through.
Wish you luck with that one!!, and if you succeed please let me know how you did it ??
Welcome mate

Latest posts