Hi everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm Nikos ..I've been pretty hooked on fossicking ..rock collecting for quite a while now..my interest in gold prospecting came whilst looking for a hobby both me and my dad can do..now I'm hooked..started off buying a sluice box..pans..etc and watching heaps of youtube videos ..and doing some panning and sluicing in the Adelaide hills...finally a few days ago i bought a whites TDI pro oz ..which I chose after some research.felt it was a reasonable choice...currently working in the APY lands in central Australia and based in Adelaide ..hello to all in the group..and happy hunting :)

Hi Nikos,

welcome to the best and friendliest forum out there, ask the questions and an answer will appear. :cool:

Great bunch of people to boot. :D

G'day Nikos, welcome and good luck with swinging the coil. I am interested in the whites tdi. They look pretty good for the price. I have a GMT and I'm very happy with it. It'd be good to see some pics after you get going. Good to see father and son trips happening, there's nothing like family time. Cheers, rick.

Hi guys..thanks forthe reply..once I get some pics ill happily post them..just waiting now for the detector to arrive..

Welcome and glad to have you on board Nikos. :) I myself have just purchased a TDI and am keen to do a comparison with the Minelabs....I'd be keen to know how you go with yours, especially on the gold.Cheers Wal. :)

Hi everyone....walnliz..I'd be happy to let you know how it goes ..ill be detecting in central Australia and as I didn't have the money for a minelab detector I felt it a reasonable choice with my budget requirements etc..the research stage has have to have been one of the most frustrating things I've ever done :mad: .. in the end the whites looked ok for the money as I didn't want to buy second hand...please also let me know how your whites does as well...

Happy hunting

Nikos

Will do Nikos...I will be running a series of tests with it against my gpx5000, using the same coil on each machine in the same ground conditions...I will soon be able to tell you if they're as good as they say....Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts