Hi Everyone.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,
Yes, a brand new member here & guess what I got for Xmas?... (a Garrett metal detector). Ho Ho
And since I am very new to this field, I decided to join up to find other prospectors out there with experience, not only in my area (Caboolture, Qld) but anyone, anywhere, who is happy to offer me some advise.
I am very keen to learn about Gold prospecting & treasure hunting in SE Qld & hope to hear from anyone as to where to go & what to do first?

Looking forward to becoming a "prospector" with you all... :)

Gi'day Reef Hunter, welcome to the Clan.
I can't really help you with areas around Caboolture, but I would be really interested if you did happen to locate some- I'm up Maroochy way & known fields are pretty small/scarce up this way.
There is North Arm (Yandina/Eumundi area) very small field but mostly on private property now.
Gympie up north- never been there as yet, but has a huge history.
Kilkivian north-west (also very difficult to get access to the private property or info' from those that know anything)- seems to be a very controlled area- Elrodeo might be able to help with this area, he seems to talk of the place on the Forum from time to time.
Nanango/7 Mile Diggings to the West- small field & alot of it on private property now apparently- Axeman seems to be the Pro for this area & is very giving of his knowledge.
Apart from that mate; you are closer to the Warwick area down southwest of Brissy- never been down that way but I hear a bit of chatter about the area- there is some guy (on another site) that seems to be trying to flog/sell Leases for 1 Hectare blocks down that way, but my gut tells me there is something doggy going on with all that- but I know the areas down there for public use are pretty big.
Hope that helps mate.
BumbleB ;)

Welcome Reef Hunter

Bit of a newcomer myself at the moment so I can't offer you much info other than in the area where I live, gold is found around Cloncurry.

At the moment though with the heat we are having a metal dectector would catch on fire if you tried to use it. :lol:

Cheers

Lam

Welcome to the forum R H. Looks like Santas' been good to you last Xmas, and joining the forum will be a great bonus for the extensive amounts of research necessary to get you up to expert status in this prospecting game.

Hope you find the new hobby a fulfilling pastime, and I'm sure the thrill of the hunt will be worth all the effort that goes into it.

All the very best with it and look forward to sharing the adventure,

Cheers Wal

P.s. I have a Garrett AT Gold detector & Garrett Pro-Pointer. A Bunnings rock pick & sand scoop. Do I need anything else?

I think you've got the basics covered, now you just need to put some serious time into learning the ins and outs of the AT Gold. Oh and welcome aboard BTW :)

Latest posts