hey, new to gold hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys just some questions.

im thinking of getting a sd 2100?

where are u allowed to dig, IE bush as in like national parks and do u need a miners right to go on privet property

i have a friends propriety in maldon i can hunt on it has lots on holes and mullock heaps on it plus it has a big old gold mine on it with wood holding up the roof but is kinda caving in, and used to have 2 crushers on the site they have had the property for about 20 years and no sines of them little holes people make when looking, just wondering if this is a good place to hunt for gold? :|

LuKe. said:
hey guys just some questions.

im thinking of getting a sd 2100?

where are u allowed to dig, IE bush as in like national parks and do u need a miners right to go on privet property

i have a friends propriety in maldon i can hunt on it has lots on holes and mullock heaps on it plus it has a big old gold mine on it with wood holding up the roof but is kinda caving in, and used to have 2 crushers on the site they have had the property for about 20 years and no sines of them little holes people make when looking, just wondering if this is a good place to hunt for gold? :|

first of all NO prospecting in NATIONAL PARKS
and yes you still need a miners rights to go on private property,
the private property does sound like a winner tho, the sd2100 will serve you well if they haven't let people through before, count yourself lucky to, maybe be the first to detect in over 20 years on this site,
have you ran any of the mullock heaps through a pan or highbanker to see if there is colour?

best of luck there and plz stay out of the national parks

Cheers XIV

hey xiv, ok lol no national parks

they say no one has been on the property before and the mine goes down 140 foot and has living and eating paces down there, have not used a pan on the stuff don't realy no how to use them what else should i be looking for?

Sounds to good to be true luKe,
Keep it under your hat for sure, if they had 2 crushers on site it must of been a boomer
Of a reef.. See if you can find the line of the reef else where on the block, it may be exposed on the surface and work down hill from the line of quartz, get a good grid happening and cover the lot.. 8) the 2100 can be modded. Check out the site further and you will find plenty of advice on this model.
Good hunting

RR

Luke - here is the Victorian OK list and it is a huge area with lots of potential.

Prospecting is permitted in most State Forests, many Reserves and private property with landholder's consent.
Prospecting is also permitted in designated areas in the following Parks:
Beechworth Historic Park
Castlemaine Diggings National Heritage Park
Chiltern-Mt Pilot National Park
Enfield State Park
Greater Bendigo National Park
Heathcote-Graytown National Park
Kooyoora State Park
Paddys Ranges State Park
Reef Hills State Park
St Arnaud Range National Park
Steiglitz Historic Park
Warrandyte State Park
Gemstone only fossicking:
Cape Liptrap Coastal Park
Otway National Park
Mornington Peninsula National Park
Warby Range State Park
Prospecting is not allowed in Reference Areas, most State or National Parks (with the exception of those listed above) and certain streams and rivers. These streams and rivers are listed on DPIs website.
Parks Victoria and DPI will be pleased to advise you where you are permitted to prospect.

Follow this link to get your miners permit https://checkout.payments.com.au/dpi_minersRight/ you will need a credit card. You can also get them at most prospecting shops.

The 2100 is a good detector. If it does not have one, get yourself an 11 inch DD coil (the prospectors shops will guide you).

Private land sounds good and good luck to you mate. You have a huge area near you in Castlemaine and some of the best prospecting places in Victoria.

thanks loamer :) got my sd2100 yesterday its grate has a dd :D cant wait to have a good go at it, allso came with 3 other mono coils pretty cool, maybe one day i can come with u out and about and see how an old fart does it lol :cool:

Latest posts