Hey Diggers!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Well i finally fulfilled a long forgotten childhood dream and bought a metal detector. I've got a bit of spare time on my hands so I thought I'd put it to good use. I'm a bit cash strapped, hopefully not for too much longer ;) so I only bought the cheapest detector on the market, the $59.99 Jaycar special. So far after about a week I've come up with $28.53 a 9ct gold ring and a nice chunky 925 onyx ring just from local parks! I'm stoked and well addicted now. Look forward to reading about your adventures, finds and sharing advice!

welcome Pushkartchampion, What an impressive haul with that blessed detector. :eek: An upmarket machine would have trouble keeping up with you. Great to see you getting involved with this great pastime of ours, and can't wait till you tell us that you've found your first one ounce nugget with it. Best of luck and look forward to the progress. Cheers wal. :)

G'day Pushcartchampion, mind if I call you PCC for short.. great to read of your outstanding haul in your first week, with a bargain detector to boot.. there are a few guys on here who detect the parks and beaches of our fair land in between journeys to the bush looking for more elusive materials..

Good luck in your hunt. :)

Tone

Latest posts