Hey all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fairly new to prospecting just have a river sluice and pan atm,in the market for a highbanker to speed things up a bit. I'm from the Kilmore Vic area if anyone else is around that way?
Also in daylesford/Hepburn a few times a month visiting family, tested out the creek for the first time tday found a few small flakes of gold and a fair few reddish pink gems? Not sure what they are if anyone could help identify
Thanks,Pat

Welcome to the P.A Forum Pat, you will find plenty of good helpful people & info here.
The pink coloured gems would be Ruby's I think, pretty sure they're around the Daylesford area, I'm getting a couple of very small ones from near Creswick.

Welcome Pat, you might need to throw up a photo to help with identification. :)

I tried uploading a couple but says the file is too large, just photos from my phone. Pretty sure they're garnets, but there is also a light yellow coloured one?
They're tiny anyway was just curious that's all :) ,mainly chase the gold but was happy to see something diffrent at the bottom of the pan :)

Patt said:
I tried uploading a couple but says the file is too large, just photos from my phone. Pretty sure they're garnets, but there is also a light yellow coloured one?
They're tiny anyway was just curious that's all :) ,mainly chase the gold but was happy to see something diffrent at the bottom of the pan :)

Images need to be under 1 meg to upload to the forum. Use an image resizer :D

1462677791_image.jpg

Cheers everyone.
I don't know if this image worked?
:/

Latest posts