Help with rocks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barra_Mad

Jonathan
Reaction score
Hi I found what i think to be a gold vein though cant be sure. So I brought home some samples crushed and tested them and found the rocks to be gold bearing. I struggled to get the gold out of the rock dust as when i try pan it the slurry is so thick that the gold just floats in it and gets washed away so cant be certain on how much gold i am looking at. So any advice on how to get at the gold effectively and am I on the right track as far as it being a gold vein?

Cheers
Barra
1389939972_rocks1.jpg

If you've crushed it into powder and put a reasonable amount of water with it in the pan, and it floats away, 99.9% it isn't gold. From the pic it looks like it's only on the surface and not visible on the Quartz, not consistent with how specimen gold looks, :(

Cheers Wal.

Thanks. I haven't tried abit of finish might give it a go! The coating is mainly on the surface of the quartz though in some sections runs through it, I still think the it is gold trapped in the quarts whether its local or not is yet to be seen. I will try get some of the gold out and put a pick up!

Latest posts