Hello, new to Forum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, short intro and thanks for letting me be part of the forum, there is a wealth of information here.
I currently live in the U.S. and prospect in the deserts of Arizona, I was born and raised in Australia and moved over here quite awhile ago.
Anyways Ill be making a trip back home in July to visit my mum on the Atherton Tablelands and thought I would bring my 5000 with me.
I've found a couple of locations not to far away that are pay to dig sites, I've looked into the fossicking permit that I need In QLD all seems straight forward.
Ill be there for a week and then head over to Derby in W.A. for a week hoping to find a area or two between Derby and Halls Creek to do a little swing, and will pick up my miners right permit in Perth as we have a couple days layover before heading to Derby.
Once were done in W.A. Ill be heading to N.S.W for a week to stay with close friends that have property in the Cootamundra area they said they have a couple of mine shafts and some old workings on there property. I'm not sure since Ill be on private property if ill need any kind of permit from the state of N.S.W.
Well that about covers it for my first post any feed back greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Hi Jackaroo and welcome to PA.

The Arizona desert was one of my favourite places in the USA. Do you find much gold there?

July's a good time to be heading to WA - it's stinking hot there at the moment! But I guess you'd be used to that over there too...
Sounds like a great trip you have planned, covering a lot of km's, and it's always good to catch up with family and friends.

I think you only need a permit in NSW for State Forests, so you should be fine on private property without one.

All the best mate.
Cheers, :beer:
Megsy

Welcome Jackaroo. You'll like Halls Ck. Great Butcher shop and interesing caravan park. It has a lot of history with gold -so good luck.
Jaros :)

Hi Megsy, Thanks for the info. I live in Texas Just west of Fort Worth I go to Arizona as its the closest gold field to me, still 900 miles away.
I go out there every 2-3 months and spend a week. I haven't had any luck yet, I've only been nugget hunting about 6 months. The claims I've been on are club claims and have a lot of pressure. There's gold there just gotta really work for it with a detector. Dry blowers and recirculating units seem to do good with fine gold.
All the best to you Megsy, Have a great day. :beer:

Jaros, Thanks for the welcome and info, Ill make sure to drop into the butcher shop and get a couple of steaks to grill up.
Been looking at Tengraph checking out places.

Hi mudgee hunter, your right about that :beer: I assume your from around mudgee area [maybe not] I was in Dunedoo for a week last year taking care of some business.

Jaros, for some reason that link would not open. keep giving me this message.

Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated

Yes mate, im in Mudgee.
I only Hunt gold and fish....... but I dont have any goldfish :lol:
PM me if your in the area again for a meet up.

1554219672_img_2229.jpg

This showed up in the mail yesterday, looking forward to running it on the 5000.

Latest posts