Hello from South East USA (NC)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself here first. I've come across the forums during a search which I conducted to purposely meet some like minded individuals so I can grow in my hobby of gold prospecting. I reside in the South Eastern part of the US (North Carolina state) but am from New York. After moving to NC three years ago was when I went out to purchase my first metal detector because I knew there was gold available here. I'm very fond of the outdoor terrain and all it incurs. Way before the California gold rush began someone found a 17 lb gold nugget 30 minutes from where I live on the Reed Gold Mine way back in 1799. Now I know Australia has got a lot of placer gold in the fields (from what I have observed), and I just would like to get some peoples perspectives here to give me some things to try out in the states. I am finding research and prospecting to be really hard from the places I've been. I'll see what kind of questions I get here and if not I will start a thread in another category. I have never found a gold nugget and my current detector used is a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300. Feel free to ask me some questions, I would love to hear some of your gold prospecting stories.

Welcome mate . Hope you enjoy the forum and start asking your questions and im sure you will get the response your looking for

Latest posts