Hello from Newcastle NSW .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a total newby to the forum and looking forward to sharing my limited experiences and gaining information from the members of the forum. I currently use a Gold Bug 2 and am presently constructing a Surf P.I 1.2 detector. I have completed the coil which is a 13 x 6 mono eliptical using instructions by B.B. Sailor on Geotech. It is a 19 turn .47mm enamelled copper wire encased in two layers of spirap then wrapped in a layer of masking tape which has been coated in a mixture of 2 pack auto superclear and powdered graphite. It was then mechanically wrapped with a spiral loop of stripped copper wire attached to the shielding of the coil connecting wires which is then connected to ground point on the PCB. The coil has been encased in a polyester mix and formed in a chip board mould seald up in aluminium tape.
The cicuit board has also been completed as per the original design but have had a hiccup with it when I applied power and a transistor in the power supply has fried so that is being looked into at the moment .
I hae been out to Hillend and manged to achieve very little and have been out on the local beaches and picked a bit of loose change :) and hundreds of bobby pins, nothing else of any value. Anyway thats my story for the moment.
Cheers
Dave.m :)

Latest posts