Hello from Adelaide

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been keen to do a bit of prospecting for years but never got much further than taking about it! Stumbled on this site while realising there's too much information for me to take in on detectors before I buy one. Well finally I'm in the market to buy something.

I'm interested in gold and also coin/treasure hunting and thinking the x-terra 705 might be a good starting point. I'm open to ideas.

Keen to give panning a go. Also interested in urban (and not so urban/old mines etc) exploration so hope to get both interests catered to as well.

Cheers!

Welcome to PA Zorgs. Coins, gold, panning and mine exploration. You're gonna be bloody busy by the sounds of it :lol:

Thanks guys.

Hi retroenduro, sounds like similar interests! Saw your post on Mt.Crawford which is another thing I've been thinking of but never done. What area you in mate?

SCROUNGER said:
Welcome to PA Zorgs. Coins, gold, panning and mine exploration. You're gonna be bloody busy by the sounds of it :lol:

I'm 39 but ready to retire :lol:

Welcome aboard lads. The 705 will get you off the mark & out into the field. I own a few bigger detectors but jumped into a 705 a few weeks back for around town & beach work... So far I am impressed... Still dialling it in so can only go upwards from here. ;)

Zorgs said:
Thanks guys.

Hi retroenduro, sounds like similar interests! Saw your post on Mt.Crawford which is another thing I've been thinking of but never done. What area you in mate?

SCROUNGER said:

I'm 39 but ready to retire :lol:
im in Aldinga beach but have a property up at Crafers too (might be some mineralisation on the block methinks..). Am 36 so have plenty of energy to explore some of the more physically demanding locations.

G'day Deano0. I'm in Valley View, though I do head down your way for fishing, mostly Tennyson or NH depending on weather. I figure if the fishing is slow I can add another dimension to it!

Good Call Zorgs, Semaphore Beach can be OK after a big Blow, but it can also be mostly junk and a few new coins :( . The parks on foreshore are also good but I tend to hit them at night, Council worker tend take offense to me digging in there prize parks.

Latest posts