Headphone amps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjilm

Phil hughes
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with headphone amps,I would like one for my eureka gold and was wondering if anyone out there has one??

I recently ordered a Treasure Mate II speaker/amp combo with a headphone jack but haven't received it as yet. Would give you the option of using your headphones or switching over to the speaker if needed. Will let you know how it goes.

Generally though, for headphones, an amp shouldn't be a must from what I can gather. More to sharpen up signals when using a speaker. Like everything though it is a matter of personal preference as there are plenty that would be running headphones through an amp. Most of them have warnings about hearing damage through headphones & the included amp that came with my lithium battery set up certainly does "blast" you through the headphones. The speaker, which is a cheap Nokia phone type, is still fairly quite which is why I've purchased the speaker/amp combo to try. Sounds ok? Time will tell.

Some feedback from the website:
Feedback on Vktek Solutions website said:
Treasure Mate II transformed my Eureka Gold to a fire breathing dragon, superb

I have one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200908741878 It is excellent as an amp for music etc. You can buy different drop in op amps to change the 'sound' if you want too. Works well as an amp for detectors when running high impedence low sensitivity headphones too.

Latest posts