Have you seen something odd happen when out in the bush?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a kid I used to love going into the bush chasing lizards and things, was walking in deep Rocky scrub one day checking out small caves and cracks in rock faces for geckos when I stumbled into a small heavily shaded valley with a small creek in the bottom, as soon as I got close to the creek I started getting tingles down my spine, I stopped to look around and noticed a bit of what looked like dark brown horse hair stuck on a branch besides a small opening in some trees, I though to my self WTf would a horse be here for as it was very rocky, I continued a bit further to a small rocky over hang almost a shallow cave, the ground inside looked like something was laying down in there.. Something big and hairy, all of a sudden a large noise in the bushes on the opposite hill almost like a big rock rumling down it. Never seen what it was as I almost shat and took off like an Olympic sprinter
Cheers

dwt said:
A lot of people dont believe in the superatural, and i like to think im one of them, but sometimes its that "in your face" you can only believe what your eyes have seen and your ears have heard, take for instance "the hairs on the back of your neck",
why do they stand up, whats that feeling you get when your just not sure, like before stumbling into a dope crop or just before traversing down a 150 year old mine, some of the most strangest things can be seen and heard in the bush, i remember being a kid and camping with my brothers and father the first time i ever heard a mopoke bird i could of sworn somone was in trouble and it was some wierd cry for help.Nowdays each time i hear one it makes me think what it would of been like to be an old timer on the early days on the gold fields, a new country, no idea of what animals or dangers lay in wait, and iam sure a lot of them had their superstitions before they arrived here, man those guys and gals were tough......
Anyways the Dr and myself didnt see this happen but i could imagine we wernt more than a day past, i saw it from a distance and thought i would catch a photo this is why we dont seek shelter under trees in lightning storms..........

If you look closely at the last pic you can see some bark on the right hand side of the tree part way up in the pic, the bark had been blown in a 20mt radius around the tree itself, nasty.....

That's nothing sus dwt its I lightning strike fascinating how it spirals around the tree though

i ve been told to expect to see scorpians flash their stings at me. I have already had a white tail stare at me. my rock mallet choice weapon. Me and scorpians are not friends. Spiders are generally nicer

There's one sick yowie running around bendigo after what me and DWT come across wensday GPS gridding a area.let's just say inflatable latex , books , lubricant and empty beer cans .I'll be a little concerned if someone taps me on the shoulder out at the patch from
this day forth.one very sick yowie out there!j :eek:

Drbean said:
There's one sick yowie running around bendigo after what me and DWT come across wensday GPS gridding a area.let's just say inflatable latex , books , lubricant and empty beer cans .I'll be a little concerned if someone taps me on the shoulder out at the patch from

sorry to my neighbours if i woke them up from laughing so loud at that one.

that adds a whole new element to safety in the bush :eek:

I rekon Yowies and Sasquatch are not humans but are hybrids.. remnants of the giants of the ancient times!

HeadsUp said:
Drbean said:

sorry to my neighbours if i woke them up from laughing so loud at that one.

that adds a whole new element to safety in the bush :eek:

I was actually concerned about the Dr with this one, i had the feeling he wanted to be left alone for a while :eek: :D

Good reads guys... keep them coming. My favourite story of mine was when we were camping down on the great ocean road. We decided to go for a night hike. To get to the trail you had to cross the river. The river is basically water tumbling over rocks about 1cm in depth at most. We set out across the river. All of a sudden we hear a splash turn the torches towards the noise all of a sudden we see a eel a meter in air land back on the ground. We must have startled it but it was safe to say the heart had enough for the night hike so we returned to camp.

There was an old man that lived in the bush near our house and he played the bagpipes every evening... He died and every evening we could hear the pipes still coming from his place... we went over the next day and waited to catch the prangster pulling our leg.. Bugger me if the bagpipes started right on schedule and could be heard coming from all directions in the bush!!!.. The birds had learnt to mimick his song... I think they are lyre birds and they can copy most sounds.. :)

Latest posts