Hand Held GPS tuition - Etrax 30

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellow clubbers! Recently got me a Garmin Etrex 30 hand held GPS and would like to chat with who ever may be gend up on these do hickies so that I can make best use of the unit to pinpoint target search locations, find my way around in the scrub etc., etc......any helpers out there????? this dumb ole dude needs a bit of schooling. Thanks you all! :lol:

Hard to explain all the procedures without sounding like a " Manual " Bring It along to the Tuena outing and I can give you a run down on how it works. In the meantime " Initialize " the unit to your local area. Just follow the steps in the handbook. It should give you the GPS co-ords of where you are standing ..(do this outside so the unit can transmit to the sats.) Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks champ.....I've done the initialise and I'll have to get together with you at some time to try and get the hang of using it properly. I'm a little restricted in my movement being a full time carer for my 102 year old mum as I need to organise respite to free myself up at any time to go do things. It's not always easy to do so at the time I want. I'll let you know and thanks for the offer of help. .....Kevin

Hey thanks for the lead JED. Sorry I haven't responded before this. That pointer really looks good and should help a lot. Once again thanks. popwinters

Latest posts