Gun Safe

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

matt
Reaction score
Hi all,

Up for sale is my 5 Gun Hyskore Gunsafe. Aussie made, 3mm door and 2mm body thickness. Has separate ammo storage up top with different key to the gun storage. reason for sale is that the South Australian government in its wisdom has decided to up the security arrangements for firearms storage. This safe is perfectly legal in Victoria and other states, just no longer in SA.

I am willing to head to any Vic goldfield to meet up with any prospective buyers if it suits.

$150 ONO

PM for details
1529727760_gunsafe2.jpg

1529727797_gunsafe1.jpg

Yep...could be used for locking up all your nuggets too.
SA law now requires a minimum of 3 locking pins on the door. This safe has one but a sturdy one at that and I challenge anyone to bust into it ( anyone without a 18v cordless angle grider ) :p

MJB said:
Yep...could be used for locking up all your nuggets too.
SA law now requires a minimum of 3 locking pins on the door. This safe has one but a sturdy one at that and I challenge anyone to bust into it ( anyone without a 18v cordless angle grider ) :p

I'll get into it in about 7 minutes, obviously won't tell you how but the angle grinder would take too long and cost to much in cut off wheels. You could alter it to fit a three point locking bar :Y: time and cost though says sell it and buy another. This SA legislation is rediculous really, passed by knuckle heads who were born with a warm fuzzy feeling gene that helps them feel good but is a total waste of time. The three point locking bar isn't enhancing the security of any riffle safe if the door and body of the unit is 3mm :rolleyes:. Anyway anyone who buys this is getting a good deal :Y:.

Thanks RM,

A new safe has already been purchased for the exact reason you mention. The SA police are going to have a field day when they start auditing everyone as quite a few people I have spoken did not even realise the law was changing, then again they conveniently did not really advertise the changes too much either.

Anyway, its only gonna keep an honest thief out :|

It makes me wonder how many people have been audited...I've had my firearms licence for 16 years and have never been. And I dont know anyone who has.. :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
It makes me wonder how many people have been audited...I've had my firearms licence for 16 years and have never been. And I dont know anyone who has.. :Y:

I've been audited twice in the space of three years and it could happen again without notice as it did last time. I'm not bothered by it it means the system is working :Y: in Vic at least.

Reactions: MJB
3 times since port arthur . The rural police will often ask to check if there on the property for any other bussiness.

It doesnt matter how fussy the laws are because if you dont comply and your guns are stolen and shoots someone you are going to be stuffed.
Best thing to do is buy a cabnet rated a class higher than your are licensed to.

RM Outback said:
Smoky bandit said:

I've been audited twice in the space of three years and it could happen again without notice as it did last time. I'm not bothered by it it means the system is working :Y: in Vic at least.
Wow doesn't seem to happen here in qld.They said it would randomly happen but as I said dont know anyone who has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts