Greenhornet_au finds thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmm April fools day... :eek: :eek: :eek: If it were a real find...we should see him in the news ....would be even more amazing than finding gold nuggets on a gold coast beach..Good one GH :eek: :Y: :D :p

WELL ..........

Remember we were asked to assist ?

Still a longer story, I will reveal all after tomorrow night, it's a bit complex or secret squirrel-ish.

BUT .... it is a copy of an original.

Genuinely found for the owner, on April 1st 2017. ;) :D by yours truly,
Kato was finding everything else under the sun, and walked with quite a few coins, including pre-dec.

We turned up and while unpacking we were asked if we could assist to find lost items.

It was later while fishing for Carp that I thought I should post it, hoping to give everyone a chuckle :lol: and wait to see who
would find the clear stamped "COPY" in the Pewter replica.

Happy APRIL FOOLS DAY. :D :Y:

Well done Silver, and I will post the full story on Tuesday. :)

So the full story.....

On Sat the 1st April we went to the city hoping for a detect around the Torrens Parklands, a little fishing, some play with the kids.

Some time out for the family.

We arrived and unpacked our gear, when a guy turned up and asked for our assistance to find some coins, using our detectors.
Being helpful by nature I said "sure" and then he told us that he had lost a coin, a roman coin from 1 AD, and some others.

Made no difference to me, I and Kato went to work trying to find the coins. We covered every part of the floor of the
tent that had been there nearly 2 weeks. They were a group of Christians and Bryan asked us for help.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...k=256040edd45a36149df7ea792ee20632-1491303482

Slowly as we went around inside the footprint of this tent, we learned that the coin had been missing for a few days and hopefully it was not stolen,
other coins like the replica I did find in the grass under the very edge of the tent well away from the table (apparently these were shrinking in numbers too).

Bryan did show us another coin very similar to the missing article, missing article being a REAL coin, and date relevancy to the birth of the Son of God and Bible.
We spent some time there and were never pressed, friendly people, grateful for our assistance.

I organised to return and grid the area once they had packed up, so that we may have a better chance of finding it if it was dropped into the grass.
Kato and I did that today, we didnt find the item but did find another $2.60. :Y:

LOL - that will help toward the $50 parking fine, I got. :eek: :( OH WELL, it happens.

So I potentially could have found a 1 AD Roman coin in the Adelaide Parklands, who knows how half of our coins get where they do. ;)

caparobertsan said:
Nice Roman Coin! I guess that`s 200-300 yeas old?

No Cap, if it was a real Roman coin we would be looking at closer to nearly 2000 yrs old,
it is a reproduction for display use, it was one of a few lost coins that I was asked to find at a display site.

Wish it was the real deal, it would be displayed in the 'pool room' by now. :lol:

Latest posts