Great gold areas closed to prospectors .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outback, most detecting clubs ( one of which I belong to) already have their own indemnity insurance for club sanctioned trips, so that solves the situation for a group of members who would want to " pay to prospect". I know that my club is always on the lookout for new locations, so I hope your idea gets approved and everyone has a win.
Cheers.

I'm interested too.

$30 a day per person gets exe for couples who may want to stay a couple of weeks but if that is the generally accepted rate around then ...

Guys I will need to talk to the owners in person when they come into town to thrash all this out , I know who they are & have the contacts to set up those meetings .
Wont be easy as they have been a no go zone .

Big thanks to Bob for pointing out the indemnity fossicking laws in NSW that cover the land owner ! that is a huge opening to get on :Y:
So for now on we are all just FOSSICKER'S get it :D

Have Fun
jack

Dr Prospector said:
How is this progressing?

Had a knock back , seems the worry is that if enough gold is found it will get attention that could attract leases to be lodged .
This is not what the cockies want ! 8.(

There maybe another way , geo-tourism ! the red tape could soon be removed around fossicking in the Darling Shire .
The NAPFA are involved in the recommendation to open 20 areas to be gazetted . Article in the Barrier truth newspaper 25/9/17

Seems the magic word is we are Fossickers not prospectors :cool:

jack.

nucopia said:
Keep at it Jack
All us fossickers ;) would love to have a new area open up to scratch around in..
:Y:

Thanks ! If they could be granted protection from the professional miners , it would change their minds regarding us small time fossickers .
Working on another top gold area station that just needs that protection before saying Pay to Fossick is on !

jack

Outback, The way to stop the Big Company's putting a Lease over the Land-owners Land is for the Land-owner to take out a Lease themselves... A few Mates down Glen Innes way have done this and has worked well so far... :)

As for the Indemnity Issue, the issue with Landowners is that this has Never been tested in a Court of Law..... I have been told this by several Landowners.. The way things stand, there are some very Good Lawyers and Barristers out there that take great pride in having a win against such Acts/ Laws... Until that part of the Fossicker/Prospector Indemnity has been tested in Court and a Precedent has been set, you WILL have issues getting the Landowner on your side.. And to my knowledge NO Precedent has been set yet in NSW... I have a copy of that section of the Act in my Car and have pulled it out to show Landowners that they are Exempt from Prosecution, Their response is 'Until that has been tested in Court, NO you can't Enter'....

Years ago you were able to get a 24hr Accident and Sickness Policy and that covered You on their Land... Now, No Insurance Company has them or Anything like them anymore... Shame cause that Policy got me into Several Nice Areas to Fossick... :|

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precedent

LW....

Hello Lonewolf ,
Fist off Thanks for your comments , the cost of taking out a ML on your own property I'm told is around $10,000 , stuff that :p

As for the dramas with land holders verse miners ' google the Kayrunnera Station fights .

Very interesting about the 24 hour policy now not avaliable !

jack .

Yes the cost is up there but has saved a few people I know... I have read a bit about that Station... Some of these Mining Companies operate Above the Law using underhanded Tactics with full support of the Law-makers..

I tried 5 years ago for another Policy and was told, 'No, that's why you should have Life Insurance' ... When I said that that wouldn't help me on some property the answer was that I could Sue them for 'My Injuries' and be compensated that way... :lol: ]:D :mad: No wonder this World is so screwed up... :mad:

LW....

Thanks for your efforts Outback and your offer to include Forum people in any access arranged.

As to indemnity - I also tried to get access to private land in NSW but despite the Act the land owner also refused. The land had some old workings in difficult to reach places but the landholder had also worked (agricultural/pastoral etc) the land too.

I'm no lawyer but I wonder if some of the concern by landholders is in relation to any work they themselves may have done to the land rather than natural dangers or old-timers' mining related dangers. For example, how would the Courts respond if landholders had been unintentionally (of course) negligent and a person was injured.

That was the point I was making... oh well what can we do? :|

Detectist, that is a good point.. That's why it's easier for them just to say NO.... :|

LW...

Detectist said:
Thanks for your efforts Outback and your offer to include Forum people in any access arranged.

I'm no lawyer but I wonder if some of the concern by landholders is in relation to any work they themselves may have done to the land rather than natural dangers or old-timers' mining related dangers. For example, how would the Courts respond if landholders had been unintentionally (of course) negligent and a person was injured.

The idea is to protect any owner from litigation when any fossicker enters there property :)

LW , we will find a way !

jack .

This may have been asked before but
What about a letter drawn up by a lawyer (one of the accident injury lawyers they will know all the loop holesthat need to be closed) excluding the property owner from any prosecution if you get hurt on his property
Signed by him and you on the day that should cover him if something happens

Count Me In when you Do... I know what you are trying to do and it is a great Idea... Im in the Process of getting a New Fossicking Event up and running Next Year, so I can understand your Frustrations.. Trying to Convince Landowners to allow 50 or 60 Fossickers to run around on their Property is Not an easy thing.. :rolleyes:

Nice idea 7.62.. but, Until it has been Tested I think things will just stay the same...

LW....

Ken they are scared of big miners taking out leases when a dope tells about all the gold they get !
And that will happen , braggers tell there mates & then the location gets out :N:

Outback said:
Ken they are scared of big miners taking out leases when a dope tells about all the gold they get !
And that will happen , braggers tell there mates & then the location gets out :N:

So the owners are worried about people finding out but happy for you to spruke on the internet? Doesn't really make sense to me. Wouldn't they pissed about you telling more people?

Latest posts