Mackay Queensland Detecting Areas Help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all

I live in Mackay

Would appreciate some help .

I am new on this site but not to Prospecting ( Panning, dredging and diving , Came from Africa 20 years ago ( in Africa ,Just get a licence and a permit , Pay for you entry and your set)

I have been trying to get a place closer to home ( Mackay, QLD ) I got a new GPZ 7000 detector so have started by going to Clermont GPA ( Detector trainning ) areas over a few weeks we have found one nugget and seven flakes. i don't know if its just me but I don't think the area is very good. It looks as if the GPA areas have been covered thousands of times.

In Africa i used to prospect in the National parks areas. Much easer in Africa than here. As a group of five we are trying to fined good ground to detect on closer to Mackay. I don't mined traveling ( Pay to detect ) if we can find a place that could possibly have Gold. I tried placing an advert in Gumtree see below. i have spoken to the mines department and its not just a case of getting a Prospecting permit to detect on farm land as it only covers one person application fee and $500.00 securet and you still need to do the title search and contacts the farmer

If you think you can help it would be appreciated.

Have a fantastic day

Copy: Wanted: fossicking and prospecting Area. Very responsible weekend fossickers and prospectors. We are a highly respectable small group of five aged from 41 to 79 years of age. We currently work on farms and mines and have been involved with horses and cows. We undertake not to cause any harm and are willing to contribute in anyway. We will close all holes, kill weeds, fix holes in fences, report back any pests, dingos, trespassers and any other matters you request information on. Prepared to contribute towards access. We would only come out about twice a month as we are part time fossickers and prospectors. Really would appreciate an area with true active gold close to Mackay and Clermont, Nebo, Glenden and even Charters Towers. We would not be on-site every weekend. Possibly only twice a month. We come from strong wildlife and mining backgrounds having been involved in animal relocation and wildlife conservation. Some of the group have worked and lived on a very large estate in Queensland. Would appreciate a go.

Please contact Brent Hudson

Thanks

I have been to the links, The info is much the same as in the kit, we have been all over Macmasters and a few GPAs as well as a private claim land Walf on Briglow road , clermont contact claim or mine area ML1870

Thanks to another reader on her i downloaded all the GPS marks for all the old mines and thank you i have them all up on googel eart . fantastic each point now has the gold info thanks

There is a fantastic mine in Prosipine but how to get permission to go there

Brent

Mod Edit
No email address's displayed Please.
And no Phone Numbers
Good Luck. :Y:

The hole area behind Prosipine is worth a poke around, gold creek, silver creek, just follow Prosi river up to the hills.

thank you will plan a trip up that way soon. Is the river running through farms, If so do we need to get permission first??

Latest posts