GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant wait that long we need a good leap in tech soon, getting harder to get those nuggets every day. The fields have been pritty hammered by the GPX detectors.
hope it comes out the start of 2015

I'm not too fussed when it comes out but then again I'm in the business of finding new patches rather than going over flogged ground so any gp/gpx does that job fine. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. For me the single best improvement they could make over the gpx5000 would be perfect metal discrimination. I'd buy a detector for that function alone. Imagine how much time we'd save as detectorists being able to dig only gold targets.

nuggetino said:
For me the single best improvement they could make over the gpx5000 would be perfect metal discrimination. I'd buy a detector for that function alone. Imagine how much time we'd save as detectorists being able to dig only gold targets.

I reckon I'd get bored pretty quickly if I was to only dig nuggets. But I suppose at least my pickologist (wife) would like it better. :|

Heatho said:
mbasko said:
stevo said:
I predict a 2016 release date.
Hmmm.... current specials. Does it = a GPX5000 clearance? Me thinks it could be much sooner?

I'm thinking the same thing Matt, it won't be far off now, I predict early 2015.

I reckon your both right, didn't they say earlier this year at the dealers conference in qld that the new flagship would be out early 2015 and was not going to be a p.i ?
it was going to be on a new platform
Interesting times ahead I reckon, could be a whole new ball game.

I feel like a kid waiting for santa :D
cheerio ho ho
trashy

Will be interesting. I envisage early 2015.
Like all others, from the SD2000 to the GPX5000, that it will cost near enough to 6.5 times the average wage of the time, which equates for this one to be around $9,500.
Got my pennies put away in anticipation.

far out id love to get one if it really go's 3 meters down at least you wont have to worry about detecting in long grass and 1meter of top soil imagine how many quartz reefs that are gold baring you could find with it and in the bottom of creek beds

I don't know about everyone else but im excited about it

KarlS said:
Although chipped coils may lead to the monopoly and overcharging, from engeenring point of view they make lot of sense. The signal from receive part of the coil is very small and it has to travel another 6 or so feet, pass thru connector, picking along all sorts of EMI noises and then it is amplified (so is the noise) and processed in the control box. The chipped coils have preamplifier building into the coil and this design greatly improve signal to noise ratio.
Karl

Hi Karl. believe it or not, a $59.95 jaycar detector has a circuit board in the coil. it is about 45mm x 65 mm. and a fair bit of components on it. I have opened it up for a look. not gpx 5000 tech but is wasn't $6500 plus either.
detectors are all hype in my opinion. not high spec. up to the minute technology. as long as people accept and pay for mediocrity, that's all you will get. imagine if smart-phones - I.pads, car design/improvement, etc, etc. never changes every year, like dectectors. :eek:

Has anyone else noticed the huge influx of used GPX5000's for sale on gumtree and the likes lately. Unbelievable how many people are trying to offload their detectors considering there were wanted ads up just a month ago. Think a combination of minelabs bargain basement prices and word of better things to come has well and truly spread.

Hi slipped disc, it may be a good time to accept change for what it is-uncomfortable. It affects different people in varying ways. Acceptance is the hard bit. May be time for a rest in Cyniclanesia. I find i am being left behind with the rapid changes in technology in phones and computers--same as everyone else. Same as you mate. Have a rest, you're getting too wound up.
Jack, concerned fossicker.

Thanx for the advice Jaros. you missed my point. Detectors are not Rapidly changing Technology, like/same as computers and phones. that is the conundrum. In my own situation, why is my new Tesoro Compadre unchanged in 14 years since it was released ? x-terras released in 2005. this is what we get if we accept the status quo. simple.

nuggetino said:
Has anyone else noticed the huge influx of used GPX5000's for sale on gumtree and the likes lately. Unbelievable how many people are trying to offload their detectors considering there were wanted ads up just a month ago. Think a combination of minelabs bargain basement prices and word of better things to come has well and truly spread.

Makes me think that people on the inner circle know something we dont and trying to get some cash ready to go. ie. be out soon , limited numbers of stock or something else like its ASWSOME!
who knows we can only speculate but its fun trying to imagine what the new detector will be like. They should leak few sneak pics of it just to tease us :D

Hahaha yes the stampede is on for the latest and greatest . here we go again with another cxt 3030 type circus pre-release . and a price drop on used gpx5000,s. :lol:

1415833032_ml_detector.jpg

Maybe or Maybe Not

Comparing some models on minelab.com.au today and the gpz 7000 shows up on the compare page only. Here's some details.
Apparently it's a ZVT (zero voltage transmission machine)
Product GPZ 7000
Gold Prospecting (Waterproof coil to 1m/3ft)
ZVT Zero Voltage Transmission (ZVT)
14" Super-D
6.3mm (") non waterproof socket, WiStream wireless
KOSS UR 30 100 ohm (non waterproof ) and WM12 wireless Module
Full colour LCD (320 x 240 pixels)
Backlight Yes
USB Connectivity - USB interface for XChange 2 PC software
Detect Modes (High Yield, General and Extra Deep) Ground Types (Normal, Difficult and Severe)
Weight 2.36 kg (5.2 lb) (with battery)

No price yet.

Latest posts