GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet. thanks for the update Buzz. Link is taking too long to load. Wonder if it will have interchangeable coils or fixed like the SDC...

I think Minelab just reduced the used price themselves by offering a two detector pack for a greatly reduced price. I've seen the SDC2300 and GPX5000 for $7000 new. Then there's been the guys that only wanted one of the two so that put a new 5000 out there for less than used prices.

Well with a bit of luck coils will be interchangable and on it's release date hopefully iv got enough gold!

If that's it in it's raw form a CTX3030 shell? I didn't expect that but I must say I like!

cool
someone else mentioned on here awhile ago that it was going to be like the 3030. he was right. He also said its not the flagship model so there might be another one to come :D :D cant find the actual post on first skim through

Looking at the info on this one its not a PI or VLF something new. interesting! ZVT

if it is Zero-Voltage-Transition ZVT (its been around since 1988) just not used in metal detectors.

An efficient power factor correction converter is presented. Two boost-topology switching cells are interleaved to minimize EMI while operating at lower switching frequency and soft switching to minimize losses. The result is a system with high conversion efficiency, able to operate in a pulse-width-modulation (PWM) way. Seven transition states of the ZVT converter in one switching period.

benefits and advantages: (in order to reduce the number of user-settings i.e gpx5K (making it user friendly i.e. more auto-magic)

Efficient Minimizes switching loss without sacrificing benefits from higher switching frequencies.
Effective Higher power densities, improved transient performance, and less EMI all result in less energy waste.
Flexible Design accommodates wider range of operating voltages.
Versatile Power conversion.

I've been watching and reading about these machines for a while, very confusing all the technical data, to someone like me who usually just lifts heavy things.
How long will the ground breaking technology in metal detecting continue, as technology advances so will everything else, including metal detectors, will that also include pricing, yep, pretty much a guarantee,
Selling my 5000 today (hopefully) tough and hard decision?, you bet ya, got a little soft spot for it, it's given me some great finds but not without a lot of pain,
So how hard will it be to run the GPZ, unfortunately I won't be finding out as I'm heading down the path of washing instead of detecting, so what dose this mean to the detectorists who wish to upgrade again, low prices on your older model detectors for a higher price on the new, pretty much the norm.
I out layed near on $7,500 in total for the 5 and accessories, (plus $450 on a course on how to use it) selling price, $4800, if the big girl had an hour meter on it it probably wouldn't see 50 on the clock, thems the blows when buying and selling up/outdated detecting gear.
I certainly hope minelab get it 100% right with this GPZ, and save a lot of pain for the non technical minded prospectors such as myself the heart ache of spending countless hours testing then wondering if the new unit we just forked a fortune out for is not looking over ANY gold, wether that be small nuggets deep or speci's shallow, good luck to all who purchase the model, I'm going to have to shadow sit on this one less certain parts of my anatomy end up being turned into a coin purse!!!! 8.(

10 November 2014 04:34 pm

the duck wrote:

lets see how this goes for a rumour, waterproof with iron discrimination out in january 2015 or maybe december this year

Hello Mr Duck.
Thank you for keeping this new Minelab detector in the spotlight once more.

Yes you are right, its not far away from release, it maybe next month or possibly as late as March next year, but more likely it will be sooner than later.

What most people find hard to grasp, is that we are all talking about 2 detectors for release; this first one thats imminent is a complete revamp of the old PI platform. Think of it as a 30/30 set up as a GPX, but much more simplified with few timings to worry and ponder over, a 14inch coil with a lead up the inside of the shaft, all water resistant like its 30/30 clone. Even a GPS to play with, and more.

Dont get too excited though, because the 5000 does still beat it on depth, so if you think about it, why on Earth would Minelab make it to outdo their current Flagship. Lots more 5000 sales are still needed, right up until their new beaut latest novel/innovative tech, blow your socks off version appears in another 12 months time, I have heard this one will blow your bank account away as well.

So if you are looking for a new toy now for Xmas, this mid range detector could be for you. Or you can save all your dollars for the next 12 months and get the new super deep gold wonder machine.

We will all be rich in the near future. You can bet on it. tongue

Cheers Ozzie.

This bloke certainly had decent info regarding the GPZ7000, now if it is'nt the new flagship I'm glad I still have my 5000 for the time being.

joe said:
if it is Zero-Voltage-Transition ZVT (its been around since 1988) just not used in metal detectors.

According to the now removed comparison info on the Minelab website, their usage of the term ZVT stands for 'Zero Voltage TRANSMISSION', presumably the next refinement of the highly successful MPF technology introduced with the SDC2300: "Multi Period Fast technology incorporates extremely fast Pulse Induction switching between Transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx) detector signals. Therefore minimal residual transmit signal is present during the receive cycle, enabling clear sharp detection of very small gold."

I'm guessing that the new ZVT technology eliminates even that minimal residual signal, so that small or deep targets 'pop' more clearly than with previous generations of Minelab PI detectors.

thanks heatho for tracking that post down.
Exciting times ahead by the look of it hopefully Duck is right about this not being the flagship model because it doesnt look like something id pay 10 grand for. It just looks like a kids plastic toy(sorry minelab) I guess if it finds gold it doesnt matter what it looks like, gold is all I care about.
I do like the fact that its only 2.5 kg, good for swinging allday.
I think I will wait til its out for a few weeks before I make my mind up on buying one

yep +1 it doesn't make me want to sell the gpx4500 on that info alone. Sounds like there may be lots of time to spend on the hunt before the new hot sauce arrives

I think by now most of us have taken screen shots like these

post-3-0-96140900-1417095294_zpsf001985d.jpg

post-3-0-67656900-1417098303_zps2683706a.jpg

Big Nugget said:
poor ol IT chaps at Minelab would be copping a flogging over this :lol:

Yes, most of the content should be produced on a test site first and then launched once approved. Someone will have egg on their face.

If you happen to be following this thread; thanks mate, and your marketing people are getting an early bonanza. :cool:

Probably not far off being released if they where testing on the website, could of been an marketing ploy as most web content can be tested offline before uploading to the server. managed to save a gpx5000 gpz7000 & sdc2300 comparison from cache.
So where do we see this New machine in minelabs artillery will it be a medium user friendly detector or more like a top end machine in terms of GPX models?

I am sure that with the 14" coil and ZVT, it will be marketed as 'super depth target seeking technology'

Would a 14" on a GPX do the same ....???? or should I go out and mortgage the wife.....???? That is what I need to know. :rolleyes:

Latest posts