gpz7000 goose chase

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
backcreek said:
If I payed paid $10700 for one of these I'd expect better than this.

In what way? It has it detected a metal object at a reasonable depth,
isn't that what a metal detector is supposed to do?

Granted, it did what it is supposed to do and it's amazing how deep it will go and in undisturbed ground it would be a killer. These guys are obviously working previously worked ground.
I'm a GMT user and have zero experience with PI's, all I'm saying is that spending that sort of cash I'd expect some sort of discrimination otherwise there will be a lot of people out there spending lots of time and energy digging very deep holes for no return.

backcreek said:
I'm a GMT user and have zero experience with PI's, all I'm saying is that spending that sort of cash I'd expect some sort of discrimination.

Fine if it existed, but the best discrimination technology available today is "dig all targets and see for yourself". All existing discrimination methods have a range of weaknesses. I am sure that something better will come with time, but for now I am happy to have the exercise and even the anticipation that comes with the dig.

Rob.

backcreek said:
Redfin said:
backcreek said:
If I payed paid $10700 for one of these I'd expect better than this.

In what way? It has it detected a metal object at a reasonable depth,
isn't that what a metal detector is supposed to do?

Granted, it did what it is supposed to do and it's amazing how deep it will go and in undisturbed ground it would be a killer. These guys are obviously working previously worked ground.
I'm a GMT user and have zero experience with PI's, all I'm saying is that spending that sort of cash I'd expect some sort of discrimination otherwise there will be a lot of people out there spending lots of time and energy digging very deep holes for no return.

Maybe in time with a vlf/pi hybrid.

A while back this is how the vlf and pi Technology
was explained to me.

I am no electronics guru though.

A vlf looks for metal targets hence its why it
has the ability to Discriminate while a pi Sends a
pulse and waits for a metalic Object to break the
pulse.

Pulse induction technology though has been
around For a very very long time with the
Eric Foster designed detectors and whites had the
pi 1000 water detector which was available in
The 80's along with the garret sea hunter which
Came a while latter I think.

So one would think if it could be done Then by now
it might of been done. Who knows.

What we need though is more qaulity competing
products.

Ahhhh a pi detector sends back a higher gain of electrical current originally sent by the object storing current then releasing it back at a higher gain the unit senses a higher gain through sampling and then this sets of a output to amplifier giving a higher tone . Basically the object ie gold is a battery then releases more power than is sent .

Seeing as though the GPZ is ZVT technology & continuous wave, unlike PI technology, maybe the GPZ series will have true discrimination down the track?
Until then - get those diggin' muscles primed! :lol:

Never thought about it until I saw this video hoping the mines dept/old timers didn't put tin in before covering a shaft. No forethought for the zed users back then.

Great video Nenad. Since I have had the GPZ I have had the crowbar out of the troopy three times and have had to dig down between 3-4 feet for what turned out to be oldtimers steel and part of a shovel.

If you go from a 4500/5000 to a GPZ you will notice that you are digging deeper holes...and you will get fit.

With the deep holes it pays to spend a minute circling the undug target and getting the centre nailed down (ensuring the coil is swung dead horizontal). When you dig down a couple feet, even with the Zed settings dumbed down to 1 you will not be able to work out where the target is as the signal will be too strong. Pinpointers have not helped me as they sound off in the mineralized ground even when not near the target. A sadie coil on the 4500 helped with a couple targets in really hard ground where digging needed to be minimised because it was so damn hard.

If you buy a Zed my advice is to purchase a good fencing sized crowbar and keep it in the vehicle. Also while you are at it buy a set of 5kg kitchen scales and keep them in the truck as well.
RDD

PS. The Zed does have a form of discrimination. In a paddock or undisturbed ground all shallow signals give two signals and large trashy targets scream. So if the gold is in undisturbed ground with lots of shallow trash you can simply ignore all double bleep signals and screamers and listen only for the distinctive broad deep signals (gold or deep targets) that the ZED produces. Of course it only works in undisturbed ground where you know the gold is deeper then say 6 inches. But in those types of areas you can now ignore the trash and cover more ground and find more gold.

So you think the Zed is a dud!!!!

Here's a plan, give it to me and I'll swing and dig and pay you 15% of the finds until I pay it off

........... a notable silence.

:D :D :D :D :D :D 8) :8

PhaseTech said:
For anyone that didn't know, that's me in the blue hat ;)

a jewler I go to has this gun that reads and splits the elements up by % of a metal sample (you probly know what its called), intergrating that into a detector?

im guessing it would be impossible because it would need to be aimed at a target you cant see and it would have to ignore the ground around it?

aldi detectors work ok,but mine is more expensive to run than a v8 HQ.
if only i could part with my gems,and fund a ZED 7,
maybe one day,

envy the Z :D

I picked up my Zed last Wednesday and I love it! Went out Saturday arvo and, whilst I got no gold, I was digging faint targets (turned out to be very small 5 - 8mm pieces of flat lead) between 300mm - 500mm down. Picked up larger iron rubbish down over 2 feet. I am sure if I had walked over gold i would have got it. Just need to learn to read the ground better. :lol:

Latest posts