GPX6000 Battery Question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave's Office said:
Teemore said:
Does the 6000 battery carry enough charge "out of the box" to put in a few hours detecting?

Friend is super keen to try it out on the way home from the dealer.

Cheers T.
Why on earth would you waste your time using a machine that hasn't got enough charge to work efficiently when the manufacturer Tells You Clearly to charge the product before you use it. :/

Maybe he wanted to try it out at a goldfield near the dealer in case he had a crap coil in that way he could take it straight back and have it swapped.

I think he's quite normal to give it a swing if he has to pass over good ground on the way home :) Yes it should have sufficient power straight out of the box.

Solid Luck said:
But let's stay on topic about the battery. Another 200 grams of battery weight would have been beneficial but who knows how it would have balanced out then.

Doesn't suit everybody but having just forked out $8,000 for a detector an additional $120 for an extra/spare battery is chickenfeed for the benefit of not running out of juice over a multi day session, guess you could always rely on their "battery terminal" alternative, I prefer to have a fully charged one handy when I need it.

And for interest, the bloke detected with his SDC and picked up the 6000 at the end of the day, overnight charge and he's now out and about (Heathcote, I think) giving it a run.

Teemore said:
Solid Luck said:
But let's stay on topic about the battery. Another 200 grams of battery weight would have been beneficial but who knows how it would have balanced out then.

Doesn't suit everybody but having just forked out $8,000 for a detector an additional $120 for an extra/spare battery is chickenfeed for the benefit of not running out of juice over a multi day session, guess you could always rely on their "battery terminal" alternative, I prefer to have a fully charged one handy when I need it.

And for interest, the bloke detected with his SDC and picked up the 6000 at the end of the day, overnight charge and he's now out and about (Heathcote, I think) giving it a run.

My point is Teemore that I would rather have had a larger battery on the unit than have to carry around spares.
But spares it is for now.
239$ for a battery BTW. :)

My main reason for the second battery is because it takes forever to recharge and sometimes I might not get the chance to recharge it. I could go out with the 4500 and know the battery was going to last me the weekend but the 6000 battery can't do that.

Latest posts