GPX5000 on ebay . bidding up to $ 10,100

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is going to be fun , i think it smelled like a fake detector even when bidding was at $ 3000

maybe people are bidding it up that high coz they know its a fake and they just want to bomb the guy with a neg feedback

hmmm . not a bad strategy if its Minelab doing it :lol:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290949176086?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

edited

sorry , the seller has cancelled all the high bids , its back down to $ 4000 again

1 positive feedback............ Only 1 pic (closed box) which looks like was'nt copied from the net somewhere. Pretty sus I agree.

when they say " relisted due to a problem with the previous buyer "

it really means the buyer turned up with a minelab security brochure and hologram checker , found it fake and kicked the guy in the coils .

His one and only feedback comment makes me laugh "great seller let me return item because i could not afford it"

Yeah they are pretty easy to pick, some poor buggers are bidding on it though.

Reminds me of this scammer in the USA, stung about 10 or 15 audio forum members for about $80,000 in equipment that never showed up. She even sent out boxes but with a Thanksgiving card inside so there was a shipping and delivery confirmation. Anyway they ganged up on her called the Feds because theft across state lines is a federal offence in the USA. She got about 5 years in a federal prison. From memory I think they even gave her a week to repay the cash before they called the cops.

Maybe we should all start a bidding war on it :lol:

Could be amusing.

Have any of you guys ever read the 419eaters forum? They are a dedicated group/forum who eat scammers like this for breakfast.

One good revenge scam was when they sent a new Power Mac made out of spare bits, pieces and an old pizza box to a scammer as payment to release a $50,000,000 cheque or similar, they got him and he agreed to pay the most expensive shipping possible to Africa, was about 2 grand or something, lol.

Sometimes they will get scammers to "meet them" at the airport with a "special sign" and take a photo of themselves for the forum trophy room. Great reading if you need a laugh.

Heatho said:
Could be amusing.

Have any of you guys ever read the 419eaters forum? They are a dedicated group/forum who eat scammers like this for breakfast.

Thanks for that info Heatho. Looks like some interesting, amusing reading over there :D

Nugget said:
Maybe we should all start a bidding war on it :lol:

as long as we find a way to verify 100 % that it is fake

but yes , put auto bids on it using Gixen bid sniper up to $ 50,000 and straight away put negative feedback " counterfeight goods beware" and cancel the transaction.

check it out first in the ebay rules to make sure you cant be liable for anything , but if you dont pay , cancel it then leave the appropriate feedback you might be fine.

what ya reckon ?

wonder if someone proposes the idea to Minelab ..... lol . they wouldnt want that being publicised but i dont know why they dont get a couple of private detectives to go doorknocking in a few countries where a fake is suspected , do the checks and if it is fake , confiscate it and charge the person if they are the actual importer , or trace it back to the importer.

I was looking for a 5000 and I contacted that guy doing my due dillegence and asked the following;

Direct Quote

Dear bluegrace111213,

I'm still interested...Is there anyway you can prove that this detector is a genuine minelab product and not a chinese unauthorised copy. E.g. proof of purchase/winnings or certification letter from Minelab, receipt of delivery, any form of proof?

Thanks

his Direct reply,

if you look in third picture there is the genuine minelan sticker thatb only real minelabs have other then that i dont no. sorry but if your worried dont bid

- bluegrace111213

I told him I wouldn't Bid. I felt like telling him to shove it up his arse!! Further to this I managed to obtain the S/N and I ran it through Minelab and they said, they didn't have that S/N registered worldwide!!

If I was young & dumb, I would have been stung!!

Chrish said:
If I was young & dumb, I would have been stung!!

How would that be if it sold for $10,284.42 and they sell new from auhorised retailers for 4K less than that?

Anyways lucky you didnt bid

i sent him a question too , i phrased it in pidgin mexican so he would think me dumb enough to buy it

i was going to bid it up to 50 grand and then leave a negative feedback straight away but i missed the end of auction

as per ChrisH post above , it is definitely fake.
----------------------------------------------------------

Dear bluegrace111213,

Hi . how much is te postag to Sydney , NSW 2000 , Australia ?

Do you take up a Western Union pay ?

Can i see de photo of the serial number tag on te machine pleaso ?

thankyou muchas

markos

Dear xxxxxxx,

one of the bidders just told me hes trying to have fun with my auction, is u want it as long as your offer is fare its yours, try and call me at 1 586 993 3304 or messg=age me back asap

- bluegrace111213

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

Hi, I emailed the guy and asked for the serial number but no reply, so I let it be but continued watching the sale , after it went off he emailed me and said that PayPal would not take funds from my account and that I should organise another payment method .

So as if I had brought it and I only asked a question about the fake serial number , I have not bothered with it anymore , now it's been resisted :(

My Latest message to him after the Auction;

Dear bluegrace111213,

Just wondering is it still for sale? I'd be interested for $5000 USD how much for freight to Melbourne 3000?

His reply
Dear XXXXXXX,

yes its yours, the asshole who bid it up to 10,000 was playing games with my auction, call me at 917 993 3304 how you want to do payment

- bluegrace111213

Chrish said:
My Latest message to him after the Auction;

Dear bluegrace111213,

Just wondering is it still for sale? I'd be interested for $5000 USD how much for freight to Melbourne 3000?

His reply
Dear XXXXXXX,

yes its yours, the @#sh0l3 who bid it up to 10,000 was playing games with my auction, call me at 917 993 3304 how you want to do payment

- bluegrace111213

the phone number he gave me was 1 586 993 3304 wonder if he is even in the USA ?

HU, now you just need to ask him for a picture of the serial number so you can check it out.

BTW, if you giggle his eBay ID, PA is the first result on the page. (Nugget much have some wicked SEO on this site :) ) There's a lot of other results too which seem to indicate he is selling or has sold othe MDs.

Just my 2 bits worth...

Au

AU Fever said:
HU, now you just need to ask him for a picture of the serial number so you can check it out.

BTW, if you giggle his eBay ID, PA is the first result on the page. (Nugget much have some wicked SEO on this site :) ) There's a lot of other results too which seem to indicate he is selling or has sold othe MDs.

Just my 2 bits worth...

Au

i tried to google his user name but i get no hits for our forum now

did nugget do the secret IT magic to make that thread disappear ?

talented code slinger Nugget if so

20 47 72 65 65 74 69 6E 67 73 20 65 61 72 74 68 6C 69 6E 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts