Gpx 4500 and SDC is there any need to have both?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesgold said:
I also tend to play in water a bit. The gpx hasnt had swimming lessons and does not hold its breath overly well.

Perfectly said! Inclement weather and wet ground are no issues with the SDC. I will quite often detect with it in pouring rain like a possessed madman :lol: Can't do that with the Zed or GPX without causing issues like condensation buildup somewhere down the line.

The SDC compliments well with any other detector just like bread and butter. :Y:
Cheers,
Shauno.

My experiences . If you can afford it,yes definitely worth it. My best patch with the sdc was around 50 pieces for around 5 grams. 5000 with a Sadie found a few first but the ground was just too hot and the sdc brought home the bacon.

Maybe Minelab could add MPF timing to the gpx's, that would make a gold getting machine, I am sure you would have to use special coils for the mpf though which would be fine.

Been detecting a spot for years couldn't find anymore with the 4500, I got an sdc first trip there came home with 74 pieces in one night, that year the sdc paid for itself twice, as people have said the sdc will see gold the 45 and others won't.

Foal8686 said:
Thanks for all the feedback guys, one thing I would like to know, does the Sdc handle extremely mineralised ground better than the 4500? In my current patch I have pulled about about 30 or more pieces out of it but I reckon there is still more. I have tried my 8inch detech on the 4500 yesterday but get heaps of hot rock and noisy ground signals even with it on rx gain 7 stab 10 and quiet audio. So if the sdc handles the ground better it may be a option.

The 4500 is only playing up in hot ground because of your aftermarket coil. These coils are more sensitive to small gold but will also pick up a lot more ground noise. If you go back to the original Commander 11" mono that came with your machine you'll find it will out perform the SDC in most conditions and you won't miss much gold. You may even find more due to the fact that you will be able to swing along quietly until you find a genuine target.

Foal8686 said:
Thanks for all the feedback guys, one thing I would like to know, does the Sdc handle extremely mineralised ground better than the 4500? In my current patch I have pulled about about 30 or more pieces out of it but I reckon there is still more. I have tried my 8inch detech on the 4500 yesterday but get heaps of hot rock and noisy ground signals even with it on rx gain 7 stab 10 and quiet audio. So if the sdc handles the ground better it may be a option.

that should purr along with a detech 8,id drop the stabilizer down a bit,on gold personally i never go below 10 on gain but ill drop that stabilizer down if need be.....