Got me baffled!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this today done plenty of googling but nothing

I can read 37 in the bottom right corner it is from a place where I have found 1862-1940s

Any ideas, strange shape!

1384759202_image.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything like it and can't find anything online either.

It was found near a river in public land I've cleaned it up but can't really get much off it will try photoshop it defiantly looks to have been filed down to be a pick

I'd agree with the keyhole theory but it doesn't seem to have anywhere it would have connected. I'm still leaning towards pick I think I can see the nose of Edward vii I'm sure an old timer is sitting back having a good laugh at me!

Key hole cover sounds good,, or a coin,, But if it looks to be filed down, it could be the centerpiece off the front of a horse harness. I detected one recently. My photo shows a flattened candle snuff and bronze disc. The other photo is of a horse harness.

I can't show you my photos ( photobucket ) as I have not made ten posts. Rules are rules. :D

Cheers, Woolshed.

I can see Caspers face in the top left ,if you tilt your head to the right. (8 o'clock halfway out.)

OK - first one is a 5c coin. Took me a while and a bit of googling around but I worked it out. Sorry, was a long search. 2nd one, has me stumped but I don't agree on the guitar pick. If you made a pick why file both sides, when you need a point on one side. To have something symmetrical would mean it was manufactured for something, ie keyhole cover or something else.

Just my thoughts.

I have seen old plates like this on old wooded items like the legs of old survey equipment, telephones cases, wooden camera boxes etc, with brand names, manufacturer printed on them.
Some are made of brass and some steel.
Check out some old antique pieces, I think you will see what I mean.

Latest posts