Gosford NSW Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all
New to detecting.
Have panned a little around Sofala.
Just bought sdc2300 this week and heading up to Hill End next week to try to learn how to detect.

Have learnt some stuff from reading forums and learnt good info from these forums.
Interested to know if any detecting / prospecting clubs around Central Coast NSW.

The forum is a great place to meet like minded people Neil plus full of useful information.
There is a group of Detectorist that meet up some times in the Maitland lower Hunter region.
Just search through the posts and you should find their posts.
Im from the Morisset area and often head out panning or sluicing in Stuart town, Nundle, Ophir or any place there is a meet up of forum members.
Stuart Town and Ophir would also be places to try your hand at detecting, let me know if you ever want to head out that way.
The wife and I will be going out to stay in Stuart Town this weekend to visit friends and try out a river sluice at Ophir.
Any way welcome to the PA forum!

nucopia said:
The forum is a great place to meet like minded people Neil plus full of useful information.
There is a group of Detectorist that meet up some times in the Maitland lower Hunter region.
Just search through the posts and you should find their posts.
Im from the Morisset area and often head out panning or sluicing in Stuart town, Nundle, Ophir or any place there is a meet up of forum members.
Stuart Town and Ophir would also be places to try your hand at detecting, let me know if you ever want to head out that way.
The wife and I will be going out to stay in Stuart Town this weekend to visit friends and try out a river sluice at Ophir.
Any way welcome to the PA forum!

Ucopia

Ok Thanks, will track down these posts as this is something I would be interested in.
Is there a particular post I should keep my eye out for regarding forum member meets?

Neil

Thanks

I don't think I can see that link yet.
Error
Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated.

Will check when I have more posts

looking said:
Welcome Neil, those SDC2300 are lots of fun.

Hi looking,

I have had heaps of fun already and I haven't used it yet.
Amazed at how much I have learnt reading posts.

I get to try it next week - camping at HE for 4 days.

Welcome Neil.

When you are up in Hill End get in contact with Ted his contact details are on the notice board at the NSWNP Museum.

He can give you a lesson on panning and is a wealth of information on the history of Hill End.

Enjoy.

:D