Good day all, Australia trip in planning,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am 51 years old and from Dallas Texas originally. Currently I live in Darmstadt, Germany.. I just sold my company and am now turning my attention to Gold Prospecting.

So I am currently searching for a Gold prospecting partner in Australia.

I really want to travel the world in my searches for Gold. So if anyone wants to contract me, do not hesitate.

I am doing Switzerland the Summer of 2019 for three to four months. Yes Switzerland, there is estimated over 120 tons of gold is to be found.

G'day mate welcome to PA are you detecting or mining. Sounds like you'll be kept busy if chasing colour from multiple continents. When you say searching for a partner, can you be a bit more specific.

ricklwinters said:
Hello everyone,

I am 51 years old and from Dallas Texas originally. Currently I live in Darmstadt, Germany.. I just sold my company and am now turning my attention to Gold Prospecting.

I really want to travel the world in my searches for Gold. So if anyone wants to contract me, do not hesitate.

I am doing Switzerland the Summer of 2019 for three to four months. Yes Switzerland, there is estimated over 120 tons of gold is to be found.
Hi welcome to pa,you will love Switzerland it's a beautiful place.back in 1999 me and 5 of my dive buddies went looking in lake topitz for the nazi gold,we did 2 dives each,it was bloody freezing.we didn't find anything just branches and logs.it's one dangerous dive as there's so many things to get snagged on.we were only there 3 days and I always swore I'd go back for another look,just never got around to it.we got talking to an old bloke who had been diving and looking for the gold for years,he was convinced it was down there as he had eye witness reports of the nazis dumping it in a hurry.he showed us his garage and it was full of ww2 relics which he had found on the bottom of the lake,just no gold.you are right there's allegedly loads hidden in Switzerlan,good luck to you I hope you get lucky. :Y:

RM Outback said:
G'day mate welcome to PA are you detecting or mining. Sounds like you'll be kept busy if chasing colour from multiple continents. When you say searching for a partner, can you be a bit more specific.

Hello RM Outback,

I am looking for a partner in general, I am open to suggestions.

I would like to do some metal detecting in Western Australia. However I am also open to mining on top ground, as long as I don"t have top crawl into an unstable tunnel. I have used heavy machinery when I was 18 but that is a long time here and I would need to learn it all again. I did drive a big truck up to 14 ton in Germany for five years before I started my business.

In Australia my idea was originally metal detecting and that we would work together as a team and split everything we get 50/50, with the exception that we each get to keep our three biggest nuggets. meaning if we each already have our three biggest nuggets and one of us find one bigger that he or she must trade one of the three they have for the new nugget. Of course we would split all costs when we are detecting. I am hoping to find someone in Australia who has a camper to stay in when we go out. I am also open to ideas about mining, offers and ideas.

Now as far as a partner to search the world for gold, I know this will be a hard one to find since most gold miners work regular jobs, however I know there are others who would love to travel and search for Gold.

:goldnugget: :pickshovel: :goldpan:

East hull lad said:
ricklwinters said:
Hello everyone,

Hi welcome to pa,you will love Switzerland it's a beautiful place.back in 1999 me and 5 of my dive buddies went looking in lake topitz for the nazi gold,we did 2 dives each,it was bloody freezing.we didn't find anything just branches and logs.it's one dangerous dive as there's so many things to get snagged on.we were only there 3 days and I always swore I'd go back for another look,just never got around to it.we got talking to an old bloke who had been diving and looking for the gold for years,he was convinced it was down there as he had eye witness reports of the nazis dumping it in a hurry.he showed us his garage and it was full of ww2 relics which he had found on the bottom of the lake,just no gold.you are right there's allegedly loads hidden in Switzerlan,good luck to you I hope you get lucky. :Y:

Yeah I have heard of the stories of the Nazi gold and the dangers of searching for it in those waters, many have died trying. I know the Gold is there and waiting to be found by someone who takes the time to find it.

I have mapped out several gold rich rivers and creeks that lead from Germany into the Napf area where I have also mapped out every creek and stream. The idea is to find several good pay streaks and to write a book about my experience in Switzerland to help others that wish to seek their gold fix on holidays.

Of course if I got an offer from someone to come to Australia I would be willing to come and try my luck. However I would come with my dog so I would have to manage the required 10 day quarantine. So when I come to Australia I wold like to come for several months and do a complete season to make it worth my while.

I am a hard worker and ready to do the hard work it takes to be a successful gold miner. I formed a cleaning company specialized in cleaning & disinfecting kindergartens five years ago and build it up big enough so that I would sell the company for enough to retire comfortably. So now I am ready for the next chapter in my life.

Hi Rick and welcome.
Honestly, if going to WA I'd leave the dog at home. Many pastoral station will not allow you to bring a dog. Not to mention WA gold fields regions are baited heavily year round. It's just not worth the risk.

Cheers,

Steve

madtuna said:
Hi Rick and welcome.
Honestly, if going to WA I'd leave the dog at home. Many pastoral station will not allow you to bring a dog. Not to mention WA gold fields regions are baited heavily year round. It's just not worth the risk.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

Coming for three or four months is not an option without my dog. I don't see but a 10 day quarantine requirement and we have to land at Melbourne Airport. I think we can get through that.

What do you mean by "WA gold fields regions are baited heavily"?

Thanks,
Rick

I detected an old dog collar with a tag on it which had a phone number that i rang.
The fella that answered remembered the dog that went missing about 5 years earlier, probably a bait.
Also i have heard of goannas digging a burrow in the side of a mineshaft. The dog chases the goanna and ends up at the bottom of the shaft......yummie. :p :p

PS. The canine may have to be quarantined for 12 months to check for rabies and other things. I may have just saved it's life. :)

ricklwinters said:
madtuna said:
Hi Rick and welcome.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

Coming for three or four months is not an option without my dog. I don't see but a 10 day quarantine requirement and we have to land at Melbourne Airport. I think we can get through that.

What do you mean by "WA gold fields regions are baited heavily"?

Thanks,
Rick
Getting your dog into the country isn't a problem. Getting him out could be, I'm not sure of the rules regarding dead pets on aircraft.

Most stations shoot dogs on sight.
The only way I can tell the difference between a wild dog and a pet is if it is with you and wearing a muzzle. If it not with you and not wearing a muzzle it will be dead. If it is with you and wearing a muzzle you'll be asked to leave the station.

Add to that, twice yearly the government runs an aerial baiting program covering the entire goldfields. Tens of thousands are dropped in addition to the thousands we lay every month.
Out here with the nearest vet about 5 hours away your dog will die 100%
Even if the vet was 5 minutes away your dog will most likely die. By the time you realize he's taken a bait, it's too late.

We used to be a dog friendly station, but unfortunately a couple of seasons ago a prospector threatened to shoot us if his dog took a bait. Sorry but he stuffed it for everyone. No more dogs which is within our rights under the pastoral act, as these are working cattle stations.

Many stations, not just ours are now refusing dogs. Having your dog could seriously limit where you can go.

Latest posts