Goobarragandra river

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banksy

steven and debbie banks
Reaction score
Has anyone been for a look along the Goobarragandra river(east of Tumut) going camping there for a few days. Going to take my new xterra and some pans

G'Day

I tied to get in there a few years back and could not even get to the river for all the blackberries. Maybe they have cleared them off by now. If you can't then Adelong is not far away.

Araluen

Hard to get in from Broken Cart Trail end, but have heard the last big floods have cleared many of the blackberries away. Just be careful of the Red Bellies at this time of year....more there than at GG :eek:. Still some good gold there and the trout usually cooperate well on the lures.

Cheers Wal.

thanks wal, do you think I should just pan(in between fishing) or go for a swing (got a xterra gold pack for xmas).

steve

Got some small nuggets years ago up near Dubbo Falls and there's some good sniping in the river bed. The old battery wasn't too far from the junction of where the Falls run into the "Goob"...Just downstream from the old battery is some easily won gold. Good luck up there.

Cheers Wal.

cheers mate, do you know anywere close to Canberra were I can learn to use xterra minelab( got the gold pack).

If you want a testing area within an hours drive of Canberra I'd take a look at the Cowarra Gold Field on Cowra Creek just east of Bredbo or the Big Badja Field just past Numeralla.

Ive got small nuggets from both in the past plus there's some good relics in the area as well,(especially Cowra Creek area.)

Best of luck out there mate.

Cheers Wal.

Just got back from the goobarragandra river. Great camping spot, (no fish water temp to high). Not to many other campers there, the local park ranger put me onto some spots were gold was found some time ago, but the blackberry's have taken over, maybe next time.

WalnLiz said:
If you want a testing area within an hours drive of Canberra I'd take a look at the Cowarra Gold Field on Cowra Creek just east of Bredbo or the Big Badja Field just past Numeralla.

Ive got small nuggets from both in the past plus there's some good relics in the area as well,(especially Cowra Creek area.)

Best of luck out there mate.

Cheers Wal.

Hi Wal n Liz can you advise if you get to Cowarra Gold Field using the Chakola Fire trail? We went out that way but found our way off the Dowling Fire trail and onto the Old Good Good fire trail and all the way down south on Parkers road and across to near Peak View. then it was late and we headed home. We had another look at Bonzle maps and can see a route on the Chakola Fire Trail. Is this the best way then to get to Cowarra Gold fields?

Looking on online maps, I can locate Cowra creek camps off the Dowling Fire Trail and the Inaloy Fire Trail as they would be great to walk around and look at what an old camp once was. Are there 2 camps then - I am a bit confused about it all.

Many thanks to you both if you could provide some information to some very inexperienced newbies. I don't take it for granted when experienced people impart their wisdom :)

cheers
Wen

Can anyone please help with access to Dubbo Falls, Goobarragandra River ? Cannot see a way in by vehicle or foot. Thanks

Latest posts