Goldmaps.com.au

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with buying these maps?
Are they value for money?
Does anyone know Ando (the developer)?
Jed & I would be grateful for any advice.
cheers Di

I haven't had any experience with those maps but have you checked out the ones nugget put up on here there free :D

Thanks Ozjono we have checked out Nuggets freebie maps.
Just curious about Goldmaps as Miners Den sells them.
cheers
Di

I have just purchased a map for $30 from goldmaps .com.au, hoping they may of had some info that wasn't readily available for free, i really haven't found any information on it that I don't already have from the free downloaded maps that nuggett put up, in fact it has far less information, a lot of the gold sites are not even marked.

I ordered a set of 130 maps from them on DVD sent three emails asking when it will be dispatched with no love :( hope they are legit

still waiting had two stories as to why so far offered me some free downloads all very poor quality scan 200dpi

finally got my DVD has some great maps on there well worth the money, got dicked around a bit but there is definitely some great Vic maps in there and i found an app for my iphone where i can load images in so i can use them in the field now :)

Bought 2 downloads from Goldmaps but can't download them.
Requested details from Ando (Warwick Anderson) but no reply
Anyone know how to download?

Hi GOldigg
Interested in the iPhone app you mentioned.
Have bought a zip and JPEG version of a couple of their items but need to wait till I get home to see if they actually download.
You also mention a DVD version with 130 maps, didn't see that on their web site, did I miss something.
Will advise further once I've had a fiddle tonight.
Not sure about interstate but for Vic. Some of the DPI stuff that's available for free (if downloaded) seem to be pretty good.
Cheers Tom

Hi,

Have now purchased and in another instance tried to purchase a couple of these to see if they are of any use to me.
Firstly, Customer Service ...... don't think there is any.
Purchased 1 'pack' .... it consists of 1 jpeg image which I think should in fact be a file linked to GPS info for use with Google Maps (I think).
Either I'm doing something wrong or there is information that makes up the rest of the 'pack' that is not downloading.

2nd concern, purchased a single pack ..... still waiting, still waiting, did I mention I'm still waiting to receive it.
Again forwarded an email to 'admin' but still waiting on a response to both of these issues.

Another thing .... they offer a Castlemaine map pack, AND a new Castlemaine pack ........ the original pack is superceded by the 'NEW' pack , why not get rid of the old one instead of having customers spend an additional $25 for something that's included as part of the new pack.

As for value for money, forget it, most of what I've seen to date can be found in the DPI (Vic) data and a few other locations probably already linked somewhere on the PA site.

Will keep playing with it but would suggest buyer beware.
Regards Tom

.... hey they may surprise me and actually respond at some time in the next few days/weeks, like all good prospectors I live in hope.

This "package" is only a collection of maps and resources available to us all for free.
If you cannot be bothered to do the research then take the punt.
If you haven't got the skills to get them yourself then hmmm! better to ask on this great forum.

Teemore said:
Hi GOldigg
Interested in the iPhone app you mentioned.
Have bought a zip and JPEG version of a couple of their items but need to wait till I get home to see if they actually download.
You also mention a DVD version with 130 maps, didn't see that on their web site, did I miss something.
Will advise further once I've had a fiddle tonight.
Not sure about interstate but for Vic. Some of the DPI stuff that's available for free (if downloaded) seem to be pretty good.
Cheers Tom
Hey tom
I think I originally bought the cd on eBay, then they offered a free download for all the drama agreement there's done shitty waypoint maps that don't make sense just a bunch of waypoints out into a screen shot and printed.

The app is maps and tracks

Redfin, agree totally most of what they provide I've found at DPI sites and much of that has links within the Prospecting Aust. forums.
Thanks GOlddig I'll check out that App.
Cheers Tom

Morning all.

As very new hunter I'm a lost with all these abbreviation of site DPI etc . I live in the Kyneton Fryertown area will buy the booklet for this area from Miners Den but if any one can direct me to other, not so ooo common areas around here.

I would really appreciate; happy to buy or pay not just looking for freebie but I don't want to simply waste my money on maps a I cant understand.

Thanks Guys ZAK

Thanks Tom
I bought some Gold and Relic sites by
Douglas stone.

Pretty good and will go to your web site thanks.
I've been running around our farm land here in KYNETON
Got so much iron and some gold looking
Lead:( peaces.
I'm using the GMT and I am very impressed with the depth
I'm getting around 9 inches which more than I expect.
Good hunting
Thanks again.
Zak

Hi Zak
great to hear that you're picking things up, all helps build up the knowledge
Bought a couple of Barnham booklets, they were sold out of most stuff because of the school holidays.
Kyneton is just up the road from me (Melton), I pass through there on the way to 'family' in Bedigo.
Talking to a few people looking to buy dectectors and I think a few will do as I will and attend one of the Miners Den Bendigo full day sessions to play with their stuff before buying.
Happy hunting,
Tom

Teemore - Barnham's maps can take some getting used to but are quite good. he manages to cover the spots Stone and Tully miss. I like your try before you buy idea. What sort of budget are you looking at and what type (PI/VLF)?

Hi Tom,
I just confirmed an all day lesson in dunoly on Thursday which I'm looking forward to unfortunately i couldnt get the Taradale KYNETON fryerstown barnham booket at miners den they where sold out :(
But I got the daylesford one plus some Douglas stone maps which look pretty good.

So I'm hoping to get some sensible detecting in on Thursday and Friday .

Thanks again.
Zak

Latest posts