Quartz Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Does anyone know about fossicking at Quartz Creek? It's a bit far for me but if it is worth the drive, I would love to go. Mindat mentions topaz from there, but I'm a bit doubtful.
Manficat

Ah sorry, I guess it's a very common name. It's in Gentle Annie. There's a mention on Mindat
I did a sitewide search for "Quartz Creek" yesterday, which turned up nothing from the 12 year history of Prospecting Australia and unfortunately, "Gentle Annie" is the same. The only reference to Gentle Annie that a PA Search finds is this thread.

Gentle Annie.jpg

Can you please tell us which actual district (in Victoria?) you're talking about, as these placenames seem too localised to be well known.

That area is Gippsland. I did a quick PA search for Noojee, which looks like the closest town and found lots of posts that mention the place, but mostly in connection with gold and fishing. Try searching yourself for Noojee, Gippsland and Warragul as a start and see what you can find - there must be something on here somewhere if there's gemstones thereabouts!

Latest posts