Gold Hog Mats

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks really good, gee your clever, love the ingenuity, well done can't wait to see that bad boy in action.

Yeah figured I pop my youtube channel on there :D but it printed poorly. I didnt realise but the bolts holding the print head were lose so the headnwas moving around so the first few sections printed quite poorly :( lesson kearned though. I need to tighten eveything up after every couple of prints.

cecc said:
That looks really good, gee your clever, love the ingenuity, well done can't wait to see that bad boy in action.

Thanks :) but in hindsight i should have made the sections smaller. I didnt measure the Grubstake and just went with what I thought would be good but I could have made them shorter and fitted more in. But should be good enough as is.

You're learning that's the main thing, after a while you're going to master this stuff,....I can just see it....you stick at it. Good job cobber.

That's pretty good for first time, catching that black sand good in those first riffles....you gotta be happy with that...and fine tuning can be worked on aye? Good on ya.

It will be interesting to see after a bit of use, how that rubber stuff stands up to the punishment, let us know can u please. i.e the edges of the riffles etc.

I just love this concept....wow.....love seeing the tests, and now the sluice?? haha let us know.

Yeah definitely not going to last as long as proper rubber mats but they'll last long enough for it to be worth it since they cost under $4 each in materials.

I'll take the sluice down the creek on Monday and run it along the AM Grubstake :)

Yeah so true, so long as they do the job for you for a while, hey, what a bonus aye? Will be waiting to see the sluice test.

Great job.
When the blonds ,'dance' or your finger does not have resistance penetrating the slurry your sluice should be optomised.
I usually run 8 degrees to start. Android app. Fill a 59 ltr bucket in 15 to 18 seconds sees the water flow around 15 to 20 mm above the mat an reasonably slow feed. Slow feed lets solution stratify as it moves down the sluice giving the goldmore exposure to the mat. Dumping large shovels can cause the slurry to overload the mat resulting in loss of gold.
Hope you do well

Barry

Yeah I figured the 7 and a bit degrees was a decent enough starting point. But yeah definitely wasnt getting 15-20mm over the riffles...maybe 10mm so yeah was immediately apparent that there wasnt enough water. Going to get a lerger pump sorted but have to wait until pay day for that. Its a pretty thin sluice too so definitely wont be dumping large shovels in...more just take large shovel fulls and shake the shovel load in bit by bit. Anyways I hope I do well too :) Thanks for stopping by

Hey DFG how's it going....what's new....hows it all going with the mats etc.?

Hey.

The mats are are going well, but have kind of stalled for the moment while I wait to buy a bigger pump (probably in 2 weeks when I'm next paid :( ugh). In the meantime I posted up the vid about the sluice in my youtube vids thread in the youtube vid section if you haven't seen that, and I'm working on a couple of other 3D printing prospecting related projects so I'll update it when things come together :)

Ok thanks mate, yeah saw that about the sluice, pretty good job there kept good gold aye? Good luck with the new projects.

Mate if you want to test how a 3700gh works on it, you can borrow mine to test, not like I can use it now as the creeks are ridiculous.

Latest posts