Gold Fox Lil Monster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve

Coincidentally, just saw a post about it on The Aussie Detecting and Prospecting Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aussie-Detecting-Prospecting/125852680830198?fref=ts

they have at least one satisfied customer at $1445.

1429179431_lil_monster.jpg

Highbankers and trommel in one, I discussed this with another forum member some year and a half ago, while we were inspecting some of my gear at the processing site (dam :rolleyes: )
From memory we laughed it off a bit :lol:
If it's rigid and sturdy, and made from some quality materials, it's probarbly one of the better buys coming out of the states for that sort of coin, looking forward to some feed back on it if anyone grabs one, unfortunately I couldnt, I like my 'swings' exactly where they are!! 8.(

hey boys, looking at maybe getting one(if the ball and chain will let me) are trommel's/HB combo legal in nsw

Tathradj said:
Nice piece of kit.
Only problem I see is having to lift the rocks out of the hopper but apart from that. Nice.

Yeah that would be my concern as well. Shovel paydirt in then how do you clear the larger rocks left in the hopper? Would slow production down if you had to pick them out each time.

But other than that it has a cool factor of 10/10.

They should of named it 'The Clay Fox' would be a little gem of a machine on that tacky stuff! :)

Weird question time!
What have the Yanks got with foxes!
Desert fox dry washer, now the Gold Fox Bank'n'Tromm,
I can't see how the two go together............
I see a Fox as a sneaky sly bastard, that ends up making some random chick look hot as when it's dead and wrapped around her neck!
What about 'GoldGator'
Or, 'Mountain Cat Gold Products' , 'PitBull Recovery Systems', names that have stones, makes you wanna rush an buy one,
Your item arrives in the mail you head out to the gold fields and set up your new machine, and with an angry look on your face as you point to the ground you say, "I'm gunna smash you to bits to day DIRT with my all new earth shattering Fairy Floss Sluice!!!!! :|
Alternatively,
"I'm going to rip ya to bits today DIRT, as my new HellCat Banker TEARS the gold clean from your clay'e grasp!!!! :mad:

I love my Lil' Monster Trommel I got from GoldRushTradingPost.com. It packs a huge bang in a small package! Weighs only 30 pounds so I can take it anywhere. And it's quite versatile - classifier, highbanker, trommel - all in one. Gets the gold and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Message from a Mod. Again.
Please consider our site sponsors.
We appreciate your input but Forums Rules state the obvious in this case.
No Spamming Please.

dwt said:
They should of named it 'The Clay Fox' would be a little gem of a machine on that tacky stuff! :)

Weird question time!
What have the Yanks got with foxes!
Desert fox dry washer, now the Gold Fox Bank'n'Tromm,
I can't see how the two go together............
I see a Fox as a sneaky sly bastard, that ends up making some random chick look hot as when it's dead and wrapped around her neck!
What about 'GoldGator'
Or, 'Mountain Cat Gold Products' , 'PitBull Recovery Systems', names that have stones, makes you wanna rush an buy one,
Your item arrives in the mail you head out to the gold fields and set up your new machine, and with an angry look on your face as you point to the ground you say, "I'm gunna smash you to bits to day DIRT with my all new earth shattering Fairy Floss Sluice!!!!! :|
Alternatively,
"I'm going to rip ya to bits today DIRT, as my new HellCat Banker TEARS the gold clean from your clay'e grasp!!!! :mad:

You made me laugh mate. :lol: I think fox is consider very smart animal, that's why they call it fox??
It's like American cars. They call them Mustang, Cougar, Cherokee, Wrangler etc. Some of the cars from different parts of the world have a name that sounds like a disease. Hahaha

We have a Gold Hog mini highbanker and a Gold Fox Lil Monster, both ordered direct from the USA. both good but the Lil is a Great little unit, well made, super light light , easier to work the clays than in the highbanker ( the Gold Hog unit required some modifications to get the water flow right with electric pumps. The LIL comes with everything inc pump ready to go, seems to trap everything and removing the larger rock has to be done at some point but it is well washed in the hopper, no issues with getting through the material quickly and can be used in recirculating tub out in the field wher little water is available. prior to ordering we contacted Kelly from Gold Fox via email and his service was exceptional and is passionate about his product ,the unit arrived in 12 days. We also ordered and extra trommel motor for back up.

i never did like working over the top of a working sluice. To me it appears the rock dose not get washed in the hopper. And you must pull the rock out by hand over the working sluice. Looks like the hopper leg is set in the sluice box it's self. The water supply would silt up very quickly would have to change point of supply. just my thoughts.

Jemba your right about the silting up if used in the recirculating mode and we only use that method for a spot that has no water in sight which are often spots that have been overlooked because there is no water. we bring a couple of plastic jerry cans full of water which are actually heavier than the unit itself, it does not loose too much water whilst processing and just keep it topped up with clean water. we can last an hour or so before a water replacement . Just an alternative way of tackling things, probably not great for the electric pump but so far so good, whilst the hopper is not huge we find it easy to wash the clay off rocks by keeping them it in the hopper and the water spray seems to do this better than we first thought. to clean the clay properly we find you need to use your hands anyway.

If a spot is ok we always bring home couple of buckets of material and with real heavy clays rather than spend ages trying to process it in the field we place it in a bucket and bring it home and put water and bio degradable truck wash with it and it breaks it down in no time.

I notice you have a couple of sluices , love to know what manufacturer.

poverty gully said:
Jemba your right about the silting up if used in the recirculating mode and we only use that method for a spot that has no water in sight which are often spots that have been overlooked because there is no water. we bring a couple of plastic jerry cans full of water which are actually heavier than the unit itself, it does not loose too much water whilst processing and just keep it topped up with clean water. we can last an hour or so before a water replacement . Just an alternative way of tackling things, probably not great for the electric pump but so far so good, whilst the hopper is not huge we find it easy to wash the clay off rocks by keeping them it in the hopper and the water spray seems to do this better than we first thought. to clean the clay properly we find you need to use your hands anyway.

If a spot is ok we always bring home couple of buckets of material and with real heavy clays rather than spend ages trying to process it in the field we place it in a bucket and bring it home and put water and bio degradable truck wash with it and it breaks it down in no time.

I notice you have a couple of sluices , love to know what manufacturer.

All my gear is homemade, it has to be I wear out a top hopper each season hence the need for two units. I now make my hoppers out of 1.2mm zinc alum much better wear I now get a few years out of them. I found aluminum too light for hard work but that is me and the amount of wash that gets processed in them. The style in which you work may be very different to the way I work. If your gear works for you than that is what is important. Please tell me dose the gold fox hopper legs sit in the sluice section it sure looks that way. Cheers digger

Jemba, Interesting to hear about the wear and tear on the aluminium, we just don't get out enough. The hopper legs don't actually sit in the sluice but rather attach to the side in the top part and the angle of the hopper can be easily adjusted, the link below will show how this works.

one thing we have found though is a 2000gph electric pump is required to get that hopper working like a washing machine, that makes all the difference. the same applied to the gold hog mini highbanker.

I will send a link once I get 10 posts up

I built a large scale one a few years ago with good intentions. Made it with an lpg tank in the trommel. It was a no go. The machine worked fine. Ore body contained 10g-20g/ton. But the time taken to wash was just that, too much time. Then you have to pay for fuel or go solar. Solar bilge pumps do not have much head pressure so useless at a dam. Just a kids toy in my opinion.

Just for anyone thinking about it, the system shown has a major flaw in that the idea of a trommel is to separate the mud and once separated the mud/slime cant be recycled to fresh water easily.

{Quote}The hopper legs don't actually sit in the sluice but rather attach to the side in the top part and the angle of the hopper can be easily adjusted,{quote}

I thought it strange that the legs would but am very glad to find out they dont. Mate i do not use bilge pumps as Parks stated their a bit slow and lack grunt, not much good for what i need.Thanks for posting been an interesting read. cheers J.

Latest posts