Gold detecting areas Melbourne metro area/s

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all if i get desperate to detecting these next 6 weeks are there any areas in melbourne metro areas for detecting in please let me know thanks yellowmellow

Pretty much all locked up in Nature Reserve system and prospecting prohibitions.
Going by media reporting of tourist crowds in the School holidays i am tipping there will be imminent changes to restrictions within days.

yellowmellow said:
Hi all if i get desperate to detecting these next 6 weeks are there any areas in melbourne metro areas for detecting in please let me know thanks yellowmellow

If you get desperate buy a coin machine and hit the beach and parks in permitted areas. No use wasting your time in the metro with emi, semi rural (Melbourne shirts) will also have emi issues.

What location do you call home, that might help your prospects.

hi as i live in inner city melb in metro melb area can i travel to mitchell shire for detecting. I know heathcote south is just in this shire. Please let me know if there are any areas to detect in the mitchell shire and in particular heathcote south please let me know thanks tim

"Everyone included in the lockdown will only be allowed to leave their homes forfour reasons:

Study or work - if you cannot work from home
Medical care and caregiving
Shopping for essentials
Daily exercise but you cannot leave or enter restricted areas"

Probably best to stay at home for now Tim & not worry about detecting.

The restrictions are slightly different this time as you are allowed to leave your house for Recreation as well as as Exercise. For example you are allowed to go fishing or golfing, kayaking etc. But the expectation is that you do this within your own local government area (e.g. shire). Richmond is not in the Mitchell shire. Even though it is part of the lockdown area the only reasons to enter this area are for food and essential supplies, medical appointments, and care giving. You are expected to exercise within your own local area. People in the north of the Mitchell shire which is and has always been virus free would take a dim and hostile of view of someone from the city potentially bringing the virus up there. Advice??? Follow the government directives. It is tough in the city as some recreational facilities may not be in your local government area. The people in the Mitchell shire are lucky as they have a large area to move in and areas to bush walk, kayak, golf etc. So just as before when the first lockdown was put in place it is harder for some than others. My interpretation of the rules suggests that there are a number of recreational options for you but travelling into the Mitchell shire to go detecting is not one of them. Melbourne exits are being monitored and highway patrols have number plate recognition to quickly trace your details. Mbasko is giving you some very good advice.

Cheers Bob.

Hehehe... reading the post yellowmellow attached, I think I will just hang the detector out my bedroom window! :)

I'm still thinking of going for a pan just not sure if I can enter Mitchell shire or not, but on they map it's part of Metro. It's a bit confusing but it does say recreation is ok:-

Can I go to the park?
Yes. You can go to the park for exercise and for wellbeing by yourself, with one other person or your usual household members. For example you can do yoga, read a book, or play a musical instrument in a park by yourself or with one other person.

You must be able to maintain a 1.5 metre distance and no equipment should be shared.

I live in Melbourne. Can I undertake recreational activities like fishing?
Yes. From 11:59pm on 8 July, if you live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, you can leave home for permitted exercise and recreation activities that are outdoors and can be done by yourself, members of your household, or with one other person.

You must be able to maintain a 1.5 metre distance and no equipment should be shared.

This includes, fishing, boating, surfing, recreational diving, learning to drive, or reading in a park. However, you cannot drive a long way from your home to do these activities, if they can be done closer to home.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sport-a...t=to the park?-,Yes.,or with one other person.

bob said:
Melbourne exits are being monitored and highway patrols have number plate recognition to quickly trace your details.
Cheers Bob.

Not only are they stopping people getting out, they are setting out RBT type setups in random locations within the zones & asking "who are you & why are you out/where are you going".

Employers are issuing letters to employees to prove they need to get to their workplaces.

If you DO NOT NEED to be out, STAY HOME!

Picker said:
I'm still thinking of going for a pan just not sure if I can enter Mitchell shire or not, but on they map it's part of Metro. It's a bit confusing but it does say recreation is ok:-

Can I go to the park?
Yes. You can go to the park for exercise and for wellbeing by yourself, with one other person or your usual household members. For example you can do yoga, read a book, or play a musical instrument in a park by yourself or with one other person.

I live in Melbourne. Can I undertake recreational activities like fishing?
Yes. From 11:59pm on 8 July, if you live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, you can leave home for permitted exercise and recreation activities that are outdoors and can be done by yourself, members of your household, or with one other person.

This includes, fishing, boating, surfing, recreational diving, learning to drive, or reading in a park. However, you cannot drive a long way from your home to do these activities, if they can be done closer to home.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sport-a...t=to the park?-,Yes.,or with one other person.

Save yourself time and fuel, not a lot going on in Mitchell Shire apart from super market shelves being stripped. Shelves got stripped bare Tuesday and Wednesday, I don't get it. What's your reason to want to come here.

Swinging & digging said:
Long way from your home?
Mornington to Mitchell Shire, now theres the issue, i bet.

Yes I know. I would do some ah panning around here but we don't have any spots. Same reason people are allowed to travel for golf or fishing.

The solution (lockdowns) to the problem (Covid) may well do more harm than good, you could make a good case for it.

But as long as the numbers are where there are, then the request is pretty straightforward, remain at home where you can and avoid going any further than you have to.

In the interest of getting the result (slowing the spread) the Govt is after then follow the advice.

If not the lockdowns get lengthened and/or widened.

Its not easy to accept it being the case, but it is easy to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts