gold depth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all. Ive been struggling to find out information on gold depth records on certain areas. Is anyone aware of where I can obtain this info?
Thanks in advance

Depth varies within single gullies and over entire goldfields.
For typical detecting gullies within golden triangle expect the gold bearing wash from 1 foot down to 8 feet.
Usually in the deeper ground the detectable gold will be in the old heaps unless they have been done to death with all detectors over the last 30 years or so.
With the new generation machines little will be left after an SDC 2300 goes over it, a mate has one and he pulls 10 times more gold than my GPZ every trip.

The SDC is the best gold detector on the market at present. :D

Thanks for the reply mate. Completely agree with you. I was hoping to get a general depth idea for any given area. However I suppose it varies greatly even in the same field.
Yeah those sdcs are dynamite. If you could put a small coil on that gpz you'd be getting the small stuff as well. Hopefully down the track.
The sdcs excel in the hot ground where my 8" goes spastic. However on the heaps they are very comparable unless its a particular shape that one machine prefers over the other.
Got another 2 small nugs today with the 8" in a new area. The SDC 4500 strikes again haha.

Latest posts