How to go about getting landowner permission (Queensland)?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive been looking around my area for places i could go prospecting but have come across the issue that i cant find who owns the land or how to contact them about getting permission. I have found the QLD map showing plots of land but it doesnt have any information as to owners or contact info. I was just looking to find how other people manage to get landowner permission.

Ive been looking around my area for places i could go prospecting but have come across the issue that i cant find who owns the land or how to contact them about getting permission. I have found the QLD map showing plots of land but it doesnt have any information as to owners or contact info. I was just looking to find how other people manage to get landowner permission.
Find a house in the area and knock on the door, if they are not the land owner then most likely will know who is? Roll up very sedately and humble, in other words don't scream up in vehicle with dust and shit going everywhere. Important is accept what you are told politely and some times it may even be a hostile reception. But again just accept and walk. Remember they will also know the next neighbour your going to approach. Have seen many roll up with a cocky attitude and within seconds station owner has given me a quick wink and it's ta ta as quick as that. Leave your dog at home and do not mention firearms. First station I ever rolled up on I was greated with a firm no but after a few minutes of polite general conversation the station owner must have realised I would respect his property and have been there any his neighbours stations ever since. It is getting harder to gain access no doubt due to actions of others before you that have done the wrong thing, but remember you are basically asking this person who does not know you from a bar of soap if you can freely roam around his back yard. The size of the back yard has no relevance. Good luck đź‘Ť

In Qld you can do a property search here https://propertyregistry.com.au/land-title-search/qld/ You have to pay. You get the info on the Title. You just need to know which property you want the details for. It has been some years since I did a property search so it may be a bit different now. Best of luck. Dave.

Latest posts