Gold around Yalgoo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justoverthehill

Wandering around looking at rocks
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Has anyone read of any reasonable finds out at Yalgoo or is it mostly small sized nuggets out there? I can only find a few stories of people finding quite small nuggets that are very few and far between.

I reckon if you keep reading youll come across phrases like "not payable" And " large but very scattered nuggets ". Then youve got to decide whether "not payable" applies today with our electronic masterpieces.

So it's your call after more reading.

I have seen/heard of a number of good finds over the years. Mostly South of Yalgoo down around Golden Grove Mine. I guess it's like anywhere....do your research...spend the time on the ground in the right areas and see if you 'get lucky'!

justoverthehill said:
Hi everyone! Has anyone read of any reasonable finds out at Yalgoo or is it mostly small sized nuggets out there? I can only find a few stories of people finding quite small nuggets that are very few and far between.

I think you'll discover that in 2020, small-sized nuggets ARE reasonable finds! :goldnugget:

Judging by his very cool ongoing series of posts and excellent pics, PA member AlienSlayer seems pretty happy with Yalgoo:

Yalgoo -
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32720

Yalgoo Pt2 2019 -
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34019

Yalgoo Pt3 -
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=35608

Hi grubstake, Are those links work for you cause they don't seem to work for me? I would be happy with any sized nugget small or sub gram lol. The only collection i have at the moment is a lot of lead, bullet shells and bits of old tin. So would definitely like to start a collection of nuggets :lol:

Thanks Goldtalk ill check out what's south and look for some interesting spots to swing. I did read someone posting up about finding a few along the Yalgoo to Paynesfind Road. I only have 4-5 days out at Yalgoo so was looking at checking out the lease the shire has claimed and a few other areas.

Tassie daz you wouldn't happen to have the link for where those phrases are?

justoverthehill said:
Hi grubstake, Are those links work for you cause they don't seem to work for me? I would be happy with any sized nugget small or sub gram lol. The only collection i have at the moment is a lot of lead, bullet shells and bits of old tin. So would definitely like to start a collection of nuggets :lol:

Yes, those three links work fine for me. If you use the magnifier icon at the top of every PA webpage to access the site Search function and enter "yalgoo" as your search term, you'll find links to every thread where it gets a mention, which is how I found AlienSlayer's posts.

Oh really I searched for him and looked at all the posts he had made but those ones you have linked still don't show for me :/ . Wonder if i need to post more for it to show or if my webpage is having a fit ATM? Ill try relogging and see if that fixes it " just edited this and its fixed now. Google Chrome must have been playing up"

justoverthehill said:
Oh really I searched for him and looked at all the posts he had made but those ones you have linked still don't show for me :/ . Wonder if i need to post more for it to show or if my webpage is having a fit ATM? Ill try relogging and see if that fixes it " just edited this and its fixed now. Google Chrome must have been playing up"

Maybe they were in the members only section where you need to have 10 posts up before you can access them. You should be right now. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

I did detect Yalgoo back in 1996 , booked into the only caravan park & asked at the shop over the road about where to get some gold .
Got bullshitted so went the opposite direction , pleased I did !

Scored heaps of small bits with my new SD2100 back then :D

jack

Araratgold said:
Ded Driver said:
Nightjar said:
Submitted a 40E and did very well at Dandaraga a few years back.
Nightjar, do you mean Dandaragan ??

Dandaraga, it's about 17km south of Sandstone.

Rick
You nailed it Rick. Turn off the Paynes Find/Sandstone Road. ** My apologies,my first thoughts were Dandaraga was just out of Yalgoo**

Haha had me a bit baffled. Not familiar with Dandaraga, hence why my 1st thought was you meant Dandaragan, but I was thinking 'WTF there's no gold there' ... & maybe Nightjar was twisting our leg.
All clear now but :Y:

Hi guys thanks for the info. I had a few people say try around Dandaraga as they had found a bit there so i will be putting that on my list of areas to vist. If you apply for a 40e and it gets rejected do you get refunded the application fee or do they keep it?

Also Reeds in Midland has a course to help you find gold and he recons it will put within 20m of a gold bearing location when you do the research and put what you learnt in the course into action. Has anyone done this course And would it be worth going? It is pretty expensive.

Latest posts