gold and gems where to find near gosford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleapatra888

catherine weiss
Reaction score
Hi, im new here and im jut wanting to start to my own amazing gems and gold just bought a gold detector and want to find large amethyst geoads sapphires im very exited please im just please let me know of any areas that I can find anything gems gold in my area so i dont have to travel far I just am a bit sceptical and nervouse considering Im female and single "no advertising here" :lol: ,with not much knowledge I want to be safe,.please advice i would be very great full.catherine

Hi Catherine , as per another post here somewhere , the Hunter is not a gold area & Gosford falls into the same category, closest place to you for anything worthwhile would be Stroud , Gloucester, Barrington Tops or towards Nundle. Anywhere from Wollongong to Newcastle , from the coast to the east of the mountain range is sandstone , so nothing to be found in that region

Cheers Paul

Hi Catherine,
The Barrington Tops, or even Nundle when camping can be a quiet and dark place.
I would be finding a prospecting buddy or two for safety.
Even in the event of a trip or fall while out alone can leave you stranded.

Maybe keep an eye out for the next Forum trip.
Not only safety in numbers, but a whole heap of knowledge to help you get started

Latest posts