Giving back to the bush on Aust Day Weekend!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mrs Meta taking time out from sluicing gold to plant a Red Iron Bark sappling in State Forest at our prospecting camp.

She grew it from seed in our greenhouse back home!

Just our way of saying thanks and giving a little something back to the bush for all the years its been giving to us.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/-AA-asvIAsI[/video]

Geesh! Thats one way to get out of sluicing hey, Im filming her work and then pan around the dam and towards camp, only to catch a glimpse of her buggering off for a cuppa without me looking.

Ah well, down with the Go-Pro and back to work for me! Lol ;)

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/6hWmZa-3k7c[/video]

I'm absolutely certain I know this dam. Is this taken on the west side with an old puddler with cement bottom on the south side in the south west corner? A few deep holes further to the south?

Now that is a great idea, ill have to put that on the to do list for next Australia day,might try and plant some western red cedars.
Well done mate
Cheers
Ryan

Goldtarget said:
I'm absolutely certain I know this dam. Is this taken on the west side with an old puddler with cement bottom on the south side in the south west corner? A few deep holes further to the south?

Spot on dude.....its no top secret spot i know, but i still wont say the location here otherwise Big Nugget will be there taking pics of the Mrs sluicing in the new leg irons i got of eBay.
Baaahaawhaa! 8)

Great works GT!

Nice work Meta..good vibe!

If only the farmers down my way would replant all the redgums they have chopped down over the years. My friend planted over 500 redgum seedlings he grew from seed only to have the farmer next door let his cattle in and stomp on them all :mad:

that's the way mate, was a great weekend, was good to meet you both and share the Aussie experience! bush camping Australia day weekend, 2015 all the best see you again soon digger. bazz n michelle

Hi Bazz....Yes what a great weekend it was!

We all enjoyed the company of your goodself, Michelle and Mrs Big Nugget, you all helped to make it one to remember. Thanks guys!

Only a few small specs in the sluice, but the next trip just may reveal the holy grail.

Thats what keeps us going.

Cheers all and happy hunting till next we meet.

;)

1423830611_img_20150213_232829.jpg
1423830631_img_20150213_232847.jpg
1423830657_img_20150213_232904.jpg

These come from the deep holes in the area ( -3km). Putting a coil over its richer cousins is the trick. Don't want to say too much on an open forum but the swingers in the area have done nicely. A few cap wearers came out with a certain machine. I'm 100% positive there's more.

Very nice GT.

I'm certainly with you on that one mate.

It's 7.10am and I'm having a coffee in my bush caravan up at Tarnagulla.
It's pissin down. Hopefully it will clear soon.

Next trip your way mate.

Cheers

Latest posts