Getting the best from the 2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Nenad, a good read.

I hired a sdc from the fellas in Maryborough Vic a few months ago, I only had it for a few hours but found some tiny shot with it, I was quite impressed with it, a big step up from my Goldmaster.

D

Good read thanks Nenad. With all of these specials going on at the moment, I am seriously considering buying one of these SDC's. If i do there is a few items on your web site i would need Nanad. :)

Excellent read Nenad. Now need one for the 4500.
Red leading ya tips has helped improve my detecting skulls heaps.

Hi Nenad
The burning question,do think Minelab might upgrade the box to make the machine more friendly to use,lets face it,it was not designed as a gold detector,that was a after thought.
Regards Frank

thedigger said:
Hi Nenad
The burning question,do think Minelab might upgrade the box to make the machine more friendly to use,lets face it,it was not designed as a gold detector,that was a after thought.
Regards Frank
Apart from the crappy position of the speaker digger, i couldn't see how they could make it any more user friendly. I shove the batteries in, turn it on, do a quick balance and start detecting. I'm out detecting within a minute of turning it on and doing three settings at max.

They should have done the speaker on the SDC like a camcorder screen,so you could flip it out and point it at you.
samsung-schmx10c-4.jpg

Well Scounger,you could say it is like 2 bricks joined and a coil on the end that moves,and it falls over,and the earphone arrangement,well we all know what a great success that is,but the one redeeming thing is it finds gold,but I guess Minelab will put it in a new box,slap grand on the price and call it a new name.

Regards Frank

thedigger said:
Well Scounger,you could say it is like 2 bricks joined and a coil on the end that moves,and it falls over,and the earphone arrangement,well we all know what a great success that is,but the one redeeming thing is it finds gold,but I guess Minelab will put it in a new box,slap grand on the price and call it a new name.

Regards Frank
Fair enough mate, i don't come from an engineering background or a long history of gold detecting. All i know is that for me it's an easy machine to use and find gold with. Sure, i could suggest some changes that in my opinion would make it more user friendly but all in all i reckon it's a ripper machine for finding gold. When the 7000 first came out and within a few months i ran into blokes who were already complaining and talking about selling up and going back to the 5000 and sdc. So i suppose none are perfect, they either suit your needs or they don't.
But each his own Frank :)

Latest posts