Process in QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anybody have any information on the timeline/costs, and general tips for someone going through a mining application for the first time?

I’ve done my best to go through the QLDgov websites, but they just seem to raise more questions.

I’ve found a very promising area, with unexplored historical diggings, and no significant drilling in the last two decades. I’d love to snap this up before anyone else gets their mitts on it, with it also being a great potential camping spot, should a bore be put down.

Anyone gone through it before?

Check that it is not under an EP firstly.
If it is, you could ask the EP holder nicely if you could peg an area?
Cost would be in the region of $20k providing the parties are nice to you in regards to their compensation agreements.

For a bit of an indication on EPM's in QLD, it is rather huge!!
There are methods to keep an eye out for moratoriums etc.
A couple of my leases were pegged during Moratorium, in the wet season when everyone thinks access is difficult.
Well, it is unless you charter a helicopter and peg the ground ;)
👍 epm1.jpg
epm2.jpg

Interesting. What do you mean by a moratorium?
There is a requirement for an EPM holder to drop blocks that they are not interested in, each year.
Generally those blocks go into 'moratorium' for a short period of time to give others a chance at pegging ground, before the block is snapped up by someone else under another EPM.

Latest posts