G'day from Gippsland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there. New to the forum. Love fossicking, particularly for precious & semi-precious gems. Still looking for the BIG one, but tempted with a nice stone every now & then. Around here in the hills are quartz (clear, smokey & citrine), tourmaline, the occasional small sapphire and topaz. Get out whenever I can (which never seems to be often enopugh), ah the joys of employment :(

Great to be part of the forum and read other people's posts!

Cheers Jamo

Welcome Jamo, there is a few of us Gippslanders here. Enjoy it mate its a great forum.

Balx said:
Welcome Jamo, there is a few of us Gippslanders here. Enjoy it mate its a great forum.

Which end of Gippy are you from? I know a couple of the Warragul/Drouin PMA members

Yeah drouin mate, havent been to a meeting yet they always seem to fall on the wrong week. But they sound pretty good.

Balx said:
Yeah drouin mate, havent been to a meeting yet they always seem to fall on the wrong week. But they sound pretty good.

I'm just north of Warragul. Do you ever get to the Warragul Gem Show? I'm a regular there.

No but i have just started looking into gems, have always stuck with gold, I want to head down poweltown way for a look in the creek there for some gems.

G'day Jamo
i'm just the other side of the range in the yarra valley
welcome to the forum

Kane

Hi Jamo and welcome to the forum. You live in a beautiful part of Victoria. You might bump in to me one day in your local creek. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Hope to meet you other Vic fossickers one day. Cheers

FYI Warragul Gem Club is having its annual Rock Swap at Logan Park Warragul on Sunday 27th Oct. If your free it will be a good opportunity to get some gems and rough gem stones.

Latest posts