G'day from Gippsland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, Josh here from Gippsland. Thought I best sign up as I have been reading posts for months and found this forum very helpful. Ive always had an interest in the pioneering history of Gippsland and I have now come down with a case of gold fever, since stumbling across the Martin Wiberg story. My partner and I have enjoyed doing our homework, learning everything we can, collecting the equipment and heading out on our own little gold prospecting adventures when we can. Took the kids to sovereign hill & creswick area. Had a weekend around the Walhalla area, a few day trips in the Baw Baw area and have a weekend coming up around Eldorado. Happy to report that we have found gold every single time just panning and crevassing, all be it tiny specks but thats not the point for us. Looking at buying a gold monster soon to try my hand at detecting. Also learning about the world of gem stones but I think Ill just keep an eye out for them in the pan for now. Anyone have any tips to share on Reedy Creek Eldorado? I hear there is plenty of very fine gold to be found, cheers!

Hi Prospector Josh (as well as the pardner and kidz). Good luck with your panning and tecting.

Welcome to PA prospector can't help you with question have you tried the search option at the top left. Sounds like the whole family is having fun :Y: all the best when you do get out there.

1518072288_11.jpg

Hey there. Welcome. Im from west gippsland. Warragul area. Pretty new to this (6months). My wife and kids love coming out in the bush and scratching around too. If you are ever around this way always happy to meet someone else with the fever?

Hi Josh and welcome.

Martin Wibergs story is a good one, isnt it? I guess that kettle is still out in the river somewhere...

Well thanks so much everyone for such a warm welcome! I'm now looking into buying a river sluice, can anyone recommend a particular brand? Hoping to get something not too big, lightweight and easy to carry down to a river.
Thanks again!

Latest posts