Not so cheap Smokey quartz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It’s not very often that you see plain old Smokey quartz used in high end jewellery but I saw these the other day. Made by Calleija jewellers, they’ve incorporated another semi precious gem into what they do which seems pretty rare these days.
At least I think a few gem cutters on the forum can relate to cutting this gem.3E6D4294-64E9-4D54-8397-7B93F50C3D98.png

Hey Mackka, if you look on their website under Jewellery/earrings (second or third page) you’ll find them there. They send me an email every once in a while because I bought my wife’s engagement ring there years ago.
Don’t worry, they were actually nice enough to make something I could afford.😁
The thing that interests me is that they do use some stones that I can relate to, but wouldn’t expect to be used, which is why I shared this. Cheers.

Sometimes the plain old Smokey can surprise a lot of people.... I gave Wishfull a 'Jelly Bean' crystal of Smokey Quartz and Dihusky turned it into a wonderful piece of Jewellery for Mrs Wishfull... I know its not the best pic and doesn't show the colour change very well.....
1601855071_resized_20201005_095851.jpg

LW...

Hey Mackka, if you look on their website under Jewellery/earrings (second or third page) you’ll find them there. They send me an email every once in a while because I bought my wife’s engagement ring there years ago.
Don’t worry, they were actually nice enough to make something I could afford.😁
The thing that interests me is that they do use some stones that I can relate to, but wouldn’t expect to be used, which is why I shared this. Cheers.
My apologies. Mackka

All good Mackka. Slim pickings with gemstones on the forum lately and I thought these were interesting. It just goes to show that the right brand and marketing equals $$$
Nice one Lonewolf. I was thinking of Dihusky when I put these up… sending a bit of inspiration. 😁

Latest posts